It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

File-based versions

Florian Haskamp (3623) | asked Mar 12 '12, 9:57 a.m.
I would like to extract a list of all files currently stored in RTC with some kind of version information.

Is it possible to get for a example a unique ID of the last changeset which modified each file?

7 answers

permanent link
Florian Haskamp (3623) | answered Mar 13 '12, 5:30 a.m.
... or the other way around: Is there something like an "unique ID" of a changeset? Or is date/time the only way to clearly identify a change set?

permanent link
Florian Haskamp (3623) | answered Mar 16 '12, 10:37 a.m.
.. okay, so RTC is a version control system without version, right? There is no way to clearly and uniquely identify the version of a file?

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 16 '12, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
.. okay, so RTC is a version control system without version, right? There is no way to clearly and uniquely identify the version of a file?
All items have a UUID. Although, I don't think it will help in getting the "last" change set that modified a file. The change set may not have been delivered to a stream or may not exist in a workspace anymore. Unless that is what you want, it might be better to scope your search to streams you care about.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 16 '12, 4:19 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As Tim points out, every item in the RTC repository (including file versions and change sets) are given a unique ID.

If you described the use case you are trying to achieve, we could provide better guidance on how to achieve it. For example, why would you want to extract a list of all files currently stored in RTC with some kind of version information?

Cheers,
Geoff

I would like to extract a list of all files currently stored in RTC with some kind of version information.

Is it possible to get for a example a unique ID of the last changeset which modified each file?

permanent link
Florian Haskamp (3623) | answered Mar 20 '12, 8:24 a.m.
We need to document (on paper) all files with their last version which form one specific software version. If the UUID of a change set does not help, maybe its possible to extract date/time of the last delivered file change?

This is necessary for archive and for static version information without RTC access (needed for customer and QA).

And finally we would like to add the file version into the file itself (like it is possible using the svn-keywords in Subversion). But as I've read so far, RTC offers no similar functionality.

permanent link
Florian Haskamp (3623) | answered Mar 26 '12, 4:03 a.m.
Okay, using "lscm history -m 1 filename" I am able to find the last changeset of each file.

Now I know the ID of a specific changeset - but how do I get more information of this changeset? Especially the date? Is there an scm command which allows to extract changeset information based on the changeset ID?

permanent link
Florian Haskamp (3623) | answered Apr 10 '12, 3:00 a.m.
Bump: Is there an scm command which allows to extract changeset information based on the changeset ID?

I just need the date/time of the changeset so I am able to write a script which can extract the last modification date of each file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.