It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Scheduled Build

Gil Parent (134) | asked Mar 01 '12, 4:29 a.m.
I have a stream with several components, some contains Java code and others cobol code. I have 2 builds, BuildA is for Java and BuildB for cobol.
In BuildA, I set up a scheduler to have it running every 60 minutes, I checked "accepted lastest changes...." and also "build only if there is ...". BuildA is a MAVEN type build. Because I want only process my java code, I exclude all the components containing the cobol application.
I made a change in one of the cobol component (excluded in BuildA), and attached the change set to a workitem. When BuildA starts, the changes were loaded and the workitem was commented with "included in build...".
Is that a normal behaviors ?
I was expected that because the component which has received the changes is in the list of the excluded components, it will not be considered as modified and so BuildA will consider that nothing has changed so BuildA doesn't have to run.
If this is right, how can do it ?

One answer

permanent link
Makson Lee (41024241) | answered Mar 01 '12, 6:45 a.m.
check your build workspace, exclude components you don't want from flow target.
I have a stream with several components, some contains Java code and others cobol code. I have 2 builds, BuildA is for Java and BuildB for cobol.
In BuildA, I set up a scheduler to have it running every 60 minutes, I checked "accepted lastest changes...." and also "build only if there is ...". BuildA is a MAVEN type build. Because I want only process my java code, I exclude all the components containing the cobol application.
I made a change in one of the cobol component (excluded in BuildA), and attached the change set to a workitem. When BuildA starts, the changes were loaded and the workitem was commented with "included in build...".
Is that a normal behaviors ?
I was expected that because the component which has received the changes is in the list of the excluded components, it will not be considered as modified and so BuildA will consider that nothing has changed so BuildA doesn't have to run.
If this is right, how can do it ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.