It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Reporting generates empty reports

Julie Geng (1622) | asked Feb 27 '12, 9:43 p.m.
I ran many test cases to generate test cases execution records and results, also created some defects to associate with the failed test cases.

Here are problems I have when trying to run RQM Reports:

- Defect List: in test plan windows there are no test plan to select so I'm not able to run it.
- Execution Status: the parameters show in all the windows, but no records returned for any reports.

I tried many Reports/View Reports, they either generated empty reports, or the test plan window was empty. So far I havent been able to generate a report successfully. Not sure if I did wrong or the reporting data is not populated in the RQM data warehouse somehow. Please give me some advice to address this problem.

Thank you!

Julie

2 answers

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Feb 28 '12, 11:26 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I ran many test cases to generate test cases execution records and results, also created some defects to associate with the failed test cases.

- Defect List: in test plan windows there are no test plan to select so I'm not able to run it.
- Execution Status: the parameters show in all the windows, but no records returned for any reports.

I tried many Reports/View Reports, they either generated empty reports, or the test plan window was empty. So far I havent been able to generate a report successfully. Not sure if I did wrong or the reporting data is not populated in the RQM data warehouse somehow. Please give me some advice to address this problem.

Thank you!

Julie

Hi Julie,

I would first try to run the data collection jobs to make certain that the data warehouse is populated. The easiest way to do this is to do to the Reports tab on Jazz Team Server Home. On the Data Collection Jobs page there is a link to "Run all data warehouse collection jobs for all applications". Click this link to kick off the etls to populate the dw. You can go to the Data Collection Jobs Status page to confirm that the Jobs have completed and then try to run the reports.

permanent link
Julie Geng (1622) | answered Feb 28 '12, 3:05 p.m.

Thank you!

Julie

Hi Julie,

I would first try to run the data collection jobs to make certain that the data warehouse is populated. The easiest way to do this is to do to the Reports tab on Jazz Team Server Home. On the Data Collection Jobs page there is a link to "Run all data warehouse collection jobs for all applications". Click this link to kick off the etls to populate the dw. You can go to the Data Collection Jobs Status page to confirm that the Jobs have completed and then try to run the reports.

--------------------------
Hi,

Thank you for the advice, I'd like to run the data collection job, but I am the user without JazzAdmins permissions. I will pass your message to our admin. Hope the reporting problem can be fixed.
Thank you!

Julie

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.