It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

All Jazz files assumed to be binary?

Ernest Crvich (19211919) | asked Feb 17 '12, 5:22 p.m.
So, it seems Jazz doesn't do any file content snooping, as in some other SCM tools, when first loading a file into the server, it just marks all files as "application/unknown" with None as the file delimiter, i.e. effectively treating it as binary. Unless of course you go through the trouble of adding all your custom suffixes into Preferences as Text content type...which doesn't work for files with no suffixes. This is pretty annoying for people with huge projects to migrate into Jazz.

Is there a way to designate the Jazz props for files not recognized with explicit suffix maps? I notice in Prefs->Team->Jazz->File Props the offending "File names and Extensions" entry, but I can't remove it or change it. Nor does adding "*.*" to the Text type do anything.

2 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Nov 15 '12, 1:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You've found a bug. As a workaround you can either use the CLI to commit, and specify file types in ~/.jazz-scm/magic.properties or write custom Eclipse plugins that specify custom file type matchers.

permanent link
Ernest Crvich (19211919) | answered Feb 20 '12, 11:40 a.m.
bump

Comments
Karandeep Chawla commented Nov 12 '12, 11:25 a.m.

I'm having the same issue. Were you able to resolve it?
Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.