It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue setting up RTC Plugin development environment with RTC 6.0.3

anup Gaur (1392244) | asked Dec 16 '16, 6:14 p.m.
edited Dec 16 '16, 6:15 p.m.
 Hi,
I am getting this error while adding RTC SDK in the RTC PDE target platform setup. 
"You have selected a target with a newer version than your current Eclipse installation. This can cause unexpected behaviour in PDE. Please use a newer version of Eclipse."

I'm using RTC eclipse 4.2 client for RTC 6.0.3 with RTC server at 6.0.3. Also the SDK is from 6.0.3 downloads.
I have tried using Eclipse Kepler with RTC P2 install. I still get the same error. 

Also I see we have multiple versions of some of the SDK Plugins. 

I'm having a lot of unresolved bundle errors, I'm assuming they are because of some version conflicts, I have done this setup and development many times before in RTC 4x and 5x. I was successful with RTC 6.0.2 (I had to manually remove a few conflicting versions.) . But here we have many jars(more than 25) showing these duplicates.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 17 '16, 7:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 17 '16, 2:02 p.m.
Use Eclipse 4.4.2 with P2 install. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/11/07/the-rtc-sdk-is-about-to-change-in-6-0-3/ for some information. I m working on updating the Extensions Workshop, but that will take a while. For the dplicates: I am not sure that is an issue, as I am able to set up the workshop.
anup Gaur selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
anup Gaur commented Dec 17 '16, 9:17 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks a ton for those pointers. Luna SR2 worked perfectly in one go. No hazzles.
The duplicates didn't bother this time.

Thanks again.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 17 '17, 1:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.