It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project/Team area membership list dump

Joel Lonneker (391016) | asked Feb 13 '12, 2:21 p.m.
RTC 3.0.1
Membership list has grown into the thousands.

Task: Obtain a membership list for each project area (including child team areas).

I've investigated Repotools -exportUsers, which I was hoping would be able to offer some verbosity to include user team memberships, but unable to list info beyond the standard output (Name, Email, CAL, Repository group membership). I would prefer this type of option.
- I originally investigated this option because user membership is listed within each users profile when viewing via the eclipse client.

Queries pull from the work item pool. Unable to get a direct answer to user membership. I did create a query to output all work items that were/are filed against any team area within the project, exported to csv, then filtered on unique 'owned by' user, but this isn't precise enough (also, non-members can be assigned work items in some projects).

I would prefer not to go into custom reporting.

Anyone have any thought into a way to get project/team membership lists output from RTC whether GUI or csv export?

Thanks,

Joel

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 14 '12, 4:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Joel,

the repotools work on repository level and dump all users with ID's in the repo.

The easiest approach I am aware of is using the Eclipse client. Right click on a project and select 'Generate Runtime Report...' that dumps a zipped HTML page where you can see the project/team/users/roles assignments.

Otherwise you could use the Plain Java Client Libraries to write a small tool that dumps the information you want.
Joel Lonneker selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 14 '12, 7:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Joel,

the repotools work on repository level and dump all users with ID's in the repo.

The easiest approach I am aware of is using the Eclipse client. Right click on a project and select 'Generate Runtime Report...' that dumps a zipped HTML page where you can see the project/team/users/roles assignments.

Otherwise you could use the Plain Java Client Libraries to write a small tool that dumps the information you want.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.