It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem in editor with duration type attribute

Andrew Stevens (1482629) | asked Feb 02 '12, 11:50 a.m.
I've got a custom attribute on one of our work item types that's using the "duration" data type. When I add the attribute into the relevant editor presentation, it breaks in the web interface due to a javascript error "Object doesn't support this property or method". Other work items still work okay.
In the process configuration source for the editor presentation, I see it's added
<presentation attributeId="sla" kind="com.ibm.team.workitem.kind.timeDuration" label="Typical SLA"/>

If I change this to kind="com.ibm.team.apt.kind.internal.duration" (which I noticed on a query presentation entry elsewhere in the source) the work item editor does at least appear again, although the value for my attribute just displays "Placeholder".
If I use the web client to update the editor presentation, I'm unable to select Duration for this attribute; although "Time Duration" appears in the Kind dropdown list, when I select it and click OK I just get an alert box saying "A kind must be selected" even though I just had! The other dropdown values (Time Estimates & Time Spent) do the same.
So what value should go in there? Or was I right in the first place with com.ibm.team.workitem.kind.timeDuration, and I've just found some bugs in the web client?

Andy.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 03 '12, 3:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andy,

I would suggest to file a defect. You should not have to change the xml by hand, I think.

In general please add the version you are running,it is hard to answer if there is no indication.

permanent link
Andrew Stevens (1482629) | answered Feb 03 '12, 11:05 a.m.
It turned out that the "kind" being referred to in the alert window was the "Attribute-based Presentation" & "Non-Attribute-based Presentation" radio buttons (which always seem to have neither selected when they appear) rather than the Kind: field that I was filling in... Once I selected Attribute-based Presentation I was able to successfully OK the form.

I noticed in the web client's WYSIWYG editor presentation editor that although the "Time Duration" presentation just displayed "Not Available" next to the label, the Time Estimates and Time Spent options displayed an empty field(s) instead. So it looks like there's just something wrong with the Time Duration attribute presentation, I'll raise a defect if there isn't already one there.

For now I've switched to using Time Spent and my work item seems to be working fine. How exactly does that presentation differ from Time Duration anyway?

Andy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.