It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Added Custom Attribute - Synchronized all WIs - Malfunction

Alfredo Sanzo (2611) | asked Feb 01 '12, 7:24 p.m.
Hello!

I use RTC 3.0.1, and I've been working with Custom Attributes on Custom Workitems.
I created new enumerations, and a custom WI. I then added custom attributes to that WI and created the correspondant Editor Presentation.
After creating WIs flawlessly, I noticed I needed one more attribute (an enumeration). So I added it, and pressed "Check attributes usages in repository", it then asked if I wanted to synchronize all the WIs, and I pressed "Yes". I also added the presentation in the editor.

The problem is that I can't use that attribute. In the client it appears grayed out, both for old and new workitems. In the Web UI, the combo for both old and new WIs shows only the Default Literal of the enumeration.

What shall I do? I already tried querying all the workitems and selecting "Synchronize Attributes", but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks very much in advance.

Alfredo

10 answers

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Feb 02 '12, 6:53 a.m.
Hello!

I use RTC 3.0.1, and I've been working with Custom Attributes on Custom Workitems.
I created new enumerations, and a custom WI. I then added custom attributes to that WI and created the correspondant Editor Presentation.
After creating WIs flawlessly, I noticed I needed one more attribute (an enumeration). So I added it, and pressed "Check attributes usages in repository", it then asked if I wanted to synchronize all the WIs, and I pressed "Yes". I also added the presentation in the editor.

The problem is that I can't use that attribute. In the client it appears grayed out, both for old and new workitems. In the Web UI, the combo for both old and new WIs shows only the Default Literal of the enumeration.

What shall I do? I already tried querying all the workitems and selecting "Synchronize Attributes", but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks very much in advance.

Alfredo

Hi Alfredo
did you saw this https://jazz.net/library/article/529

erwin

permanent link
Alfredo Sanzo (2611) | answered Feb 02 '12, 7:22 a.m.
Hi Alfredo

erwin

Yes! It doesn't work. The strange thing is that the attribute doesn't work even on a new workitem!

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Feb 02 '12, 7:42 a.m.
Hi Alfredo

erwin

Yes! It doesn't work. The strange thing is that the attribute doesn't work even on a new workitem!

I had also such a problem once. Not sur how I fixed it :-(
I think it has something to do with the default value, which was not defined

Is you Project process using the process from an other one? I had similar behaviour because such a config and because the Project process had not been created as Unconfigured

erwin

permanent link
Alfredo Sanzo (2611) | answered Feb 02 '12, 9:16 a.m.
I'm really not sure about the process configuration, it was there when I got into RTC.
The default value of the enumeration was set (in fact, it didn't let me save the new enumeration till I put it). Do you mean that I need to create a new Default Value in the Attributes Customization section and link it to the attribute?

permanent link
Alfredo Sanzo (2611) | answered Feb 02 '12, 11:44 a.m.
erwin, got your image.
I didn't have the "Unassigned Literal" option filled, so I filled it, and then synchronized all the WIs again, but i have the same problem.

Here is a screenshot:
http://k05.kn3.net/177B66078.jpg
Again, the same thing happens to old & new WIs.

permanent link
Alfredo Sanzo (2611) | answered Feb 02 '12, 11:52 a.m.
Update:

I erased the attribute, created another one with different ID but using the same enumeration, and updated the Editor Presentation.

Still the same :S

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Feb 02 '12, 12:24 p.m.
Update:

I erased the attribute, created another one with different ID but using the same enumeration, and updated the Editor Presentation.

Still the same :S

you have to explain how you got the img

can you show me the definition in the wi and in the editor presentation

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Feb 02 '12, 12:32 p.m.
you could also send me your process configuration source. I would be able to load it on my system, and perhaps finding the issue

permanent link
Alfredo Sanzo (2611) | answered Feb 02 '12, 1:07 p.m.
Both combos that I show in the image (one grayed out and the other with just one option) are from the Client and the Web UI respectively, and they look like that when I do a "Create new WI" on both interfaces. In other words, I cannot use my custom WI because if you try to create one WI of that kind, you cannot fill the "Quarter" attribute. You can fill in every other attribute, but not that one.

My process shows like this:
http://k12.kn3.net/F380B0679.jpg

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Feb 02 '12, 3:04 p.m.
I got it!!
Your ID for the Attribute "com.ibm.costsuite.enumerations.quarter" was the Problem.
On the eclispe UI i got "The selected value is not applicable" so I diged there
After changing the ID in the xml file to quarter only and select the right quarter in the editor I was able to create a new liguid with this attribute

create a new attribute or modify directly in xml. just replace this "com.ibm.costsuite.enumerations.quarter" with a single word.... like all other attributes

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.