It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Inconsistancy between LIVE data and Common data

Matthias Buettgen (23612131) | asked Jan 27 '12, 7:48 a.m.
Hi.

We are using a custom report which uses timeline and iteration information for the output as well as for the parameter handling.

To get all iterations related to a project area we fetch the iterations from the ITERATION table available in the COMMON_SNAPSHOT. Once this has been done we link the ITERATION_ITEMID with the itemid of the com.ibm.team.process.Iteration table from the LIVE_SNAPSHOT using a joined dataset to get the timeline. The joined dataset is the source for a cascading parameter which will be used in the report to select the iterations linked to a timeline. A similar method is used in the Enhanced Burndown Chart published in the reports central area of the developers wiki (https://jazz.net/wiki/pub/Main/ReportsCentral/Enhanced_Release_Burndown.rptdesign).

It works as expected for a couple of project areas the report has been deployed to. Now we are facing a problem with one project area. When we run the report in that project are not all available iterations are shown in the report parameter.
I dug a bit into the datasets and detecetd that the itemid used in com.ibm.team.process.Iteration is different to the ITERATION_ITEMID used in ITERATION fro the missing iterations in the report parameter.

If I understand it right is the ITERATION table been filled with data from the LIVE_SNAPSHOT, with I guess a ETL Job, during a defined timeframe (usually in the nighttime).

Is it possible that something went wrong during the copy process?

As already stated the iterations are available in both tables but for some of them the unique identifier (itemid/ITERATION_ITEMID) is different.

Thanks for your help

Matthias

One answer

permanent link
Matthias Buettgen (23612131) | answered Feb 07 '12, 3:57 a.m.
Just for your information.

The data collection jobs were disabled for a couple of days. After enabling them the problem with the data inconsistency was fixed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.