It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I change the flow target of a component in a stream in Eclipse like I can in Visual Studio?

Martin McAuley (1721633) | asked Apr 10 '14, 6:30 a.m.
In Visual studio I can load a stream, right-click on a component and select 'Change Flow Target ...'. However in Eclipse the same option is disabled for a loaded stream (but is enabled for a workspace).

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Apr 10 '14, 10:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think the only reason it is disabled is if Pending Changes has all flows mode enabled. Disable it and you should be able to change flow targets at the component level.

Comments
Martin McAuley commented Apr 10 '14, 10:30 a.m.

Thanks for the feedback - but how do I disable 'all flows mode'?

Tim Mok commented Apr 10 '14, 10:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Window > Preferences > Team > Jazz Source Control > Changes and switch to 'Show only current' instead of 'Show all (advanced)' in the Filtering in Pending Changes section.

Martin McAuley commented Apr 15 '14, 6:25 a.m.

I tried this option but Eclipse still only shows the component-scoped flow targets as set by VS but the Change Flow Target menu option is still disabled.

Tim Mok commented Apr 15 '14, 9:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you post a screenshot of your Pending Changes view?

Martin McAuley commented Apr 16 '14, 5:49 a.m.

Tim Mok commented Apr 16 '14, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, I missed the fact that you are working with a stream. Specifying component flows for a stream is not supported. You can only change a component's flow target for a repository workspace.

Martin McAuley commented Apr 16 '14, 9:42 a.m.

ok, but when you say not supported you mean not supported in Eclipse, it is supported in VS.

Tim Mok commented Apr 16 '14, 10:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It was not originally intended to be supported in Eclipse.

Martin McAuley commented Apr 16 '14, 10:18 a.m.

also can a component flow target be set via the cli? I am aware of the 'scm set flowtarget -C' command but that only seems to set the scope of component flow from a target.

Tim Mok commented Apr 16 '14, 10:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not sure what you want to do with that command. It should do what you describe. If you don't specify the '-C' option then it sets the flow target for the workspace/stream instead of the component.

Martin McAuley commented Apr 22 '14, 7:06 a.m.

As I understand it the 'scm set flowtarget -C' command scopes the components that can be accepted from a flow target. I want to set the flow target for a component as per the option available in Visual Studio.

showing 5 of 11 show 6 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.