It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding a new Editor presentation - not appearing in list

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Jan 26 '12, 12:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

v3.0.1

A colleague has created a new editor presentation to a project area. However, it does not appear as an option in the dropdown box.

What are the conditions for having a new editor presentation appear in the dropdown for a work item type.

thanks

anthony

6 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 31 '12, 12:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've also filed: 193851: Provide description for editor presentation kinds, which you might want to subscribe to.

permanent link
Sally-Anne Prout (11022216) | answered Jan 31 '12, 11:08 a.m.
No worries - thanks for your help. Its not easy to resolve issues like that remotely without seeing the screen.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 31 '12, 10:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Good to hear. Sorry, I should have picked up on the difference too.

permanent link
Sally-Anne Prout (11022216) | answered Jan 31 '12, 7:18 a.m.
I have now resolved the issue I was having. After speaking to Mark Prout he advised me that the presentation I needed was an 'inline' form for a Defect to be created in QM. I was able to create and customize a form for this use.

Thanks

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 28 '12, 9:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you define it as a section in the existing lightweight presentation?
Note that the drop-down for the lightweight presentation of a work item type lists sections within that presentation (since the lightweight creation dialog is always just a single page, not multi-page).

permanent link
Sally-Anne Prout (11022216) | answered Jan 26 '12, 12:21 p.m.
Thanks Anthony. Yes, the problem we are experiencing is when a new editor presentation is created for a lightweight presentation (in order for a defect to be created in RTC from RQM) the presentation does not appear in the list of presentations.

I have successfully created a presentation for the work Item Editor and configured it but cannot do the same for lightweight workitem creation dialog.

Any ideas anyone :-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.