It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution Trend Report in 3.0.1 parameters missing

Zica Valsan (10124745) | asked Jan 19 '12, 3:54 p.m.
Hello,

we have migrated the RQM 2.x to 3.0.1 and faced the following problem: the the selection data parameters in the Test Plan and Test Milestone for Execution Trend Report are missing.

Does anybody have any idea what got wrong?
Thank you,
Zica

3 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Jan 19 '12, 7:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Zica,

As per Quality management report template descriptions, the Execution Trend report is a data warehouse driven report.

You mentioned you just migrated to 3.x. Have the data collection jobs been run? Did they complete without errors? (If you answered "No" to either of the above questions, then this behavior is expected).

By default, the data collection jobs run daily at Midnight server time. You can also manually run them in the /jts/admin/ WebUI. See Running the data collection jobs for details on how to do so.

--> If you have not yet run the data collection jobs, simply running them should correct this problem.

--> If your data collection jobs are failing, see Troubleshooting the data collection jobs for next steps. If you can't solve the problem based on what you find in the logs, I recommend submitting a PMR (see the link in my signature below).

--> If the data collection jobs have been run and no errors were reported, yet the problem still occurs, we need to investigate further. I recommend submitting a PMR (see the link in my signature below).

Cheers,
Patrick

permanent link
Harald Lahner (28810) | answered Jan 24 '12, 6:31 a.m.
Hello Patrick,

I am Harold, a colleague of Zica, and we have brought the reports up and running. I also migrated the historical data with the repotools -migrateExecutionTrendData command and at first sight it looks fine.

On second sight the historical data from the Execution Trend report chart seems to be missing some values. The whole curve (complete / attempted) is almost constantly a fixed value smaller than before the migration. (I can send you the pictures, too.)

Can you point us to the spot we should check for errors? Or would it be better to open a PMR?

Cheers,
Harold.

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Jan 25 '12, 4:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Harold,

You should probably open a PMR. If you have before and after images of the report, I can take a look to see if anything jumps out at me. We'll probably end up needing the logs from the migration and such to see if there were errors etc.

Thanks,
Mark

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.