It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

adding wiki style content in task descriptions

John Kelly (1231715) | asked Jul 21 '08, 11:58 a.m.
I really like the fact that you can add wiki style content in an overview, but I'd be interested to know of I can configure the system to allow for use of the same wiki style when adding "description" text into a task, as i wanted to be able to easily put html hypertext links into most of my "story" tasks.

9 answers

permanent link
Johannes Rieken (1.2k1) | answered Jul 22 '08, 6:00 a.m.
jkelly wrote:
I really like the fact that you can add wiki style content in an
overview, but I'd be interested to know of I can configure the system
to allow for use of the same wiki style when adding
"description" text into a task, as i wanted to be able to
easily put html hypertext links into most of my "story"
tasks.

No, currently wiki eidting is only available in plans. Feel free to file
an enhancement request for wiki-editing-everywhere. I don't know what
kind of links you want to create, but be told that most Jazz artifacts
can linked by drag&drop.

--
Cheers, Johannes
Agile Planning Team

permanent link
John Kelly (1231715) | answered Jul 22 '08, 11:42 a.m.
Hi - thanks for the suggestion

I wanted to add some http <a> links to refer to a place where we currently keep our requirements documentation.

thanks again

permanent link
Johannes Rieken (1.2k1) | answered Jul 22 '08, 12:41 p.m.
I wanted to add some http <a> links to refer to a place where we
currently keep our requirements documentation.

You could use the Links page/section in the WI editor as a work around.
It supports to drop arbitrary URLs, but is not as comfortable as it
could be.

--
Cheers, Johannes
Agile Planning Team

permanent link
Christof Marti (681) | answered Jul 23 '08, 4:51 a.m.
You can also drag&drop items from RTC and links from a browser into the description/new comment. I've opened https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/59214 for adding an action to create links from within the rich text fields.

Christof
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Gabriel Castro (1216) | answered Jul 23 '08, 9:42 a.m.
Wiki-like syntax would be useful on top of links. We would love to be able to have a bit more richer text to describe some of our designs.

We're looking for:

- headers
- lists
- tables
- images (ideal but could do without)

permanent link
Justin Wang (1511615) | answered Jul 24 '08, 1:21 a.m.
Echo.. exactly what I am looking for too... plus:

- font
- size
- color

Wiki-like syntax would be useful on top of links. We would love to be able to have a bit more richer text to describe some of our designs.

We're looking for:

- headers
- lists
- tables
- images (ideal but could do without)

permanent link
Daniel Heidinga (4612) | answered Jul 24 '08, 8:19 a.m.
Agreed. It would be especially nice if the images were displayed inline as an image, rather than as a like to an attachment.

permanent link
Justin Wang (1511615) | answered Aug 22 '08, 2:45 a.m.
Hi, pals,

I do not yet see a workitem created for this post.. Is it sth that we could possibly consider please?

permanent link
Dan Rivett (1211115) | answered Mar 26 '09, 11:26 a.m.
This is exactly what we would like as well.

To be honest I thought it was already possible to format text with the HTML and mediumHTML presentation types, but from trying it, it doesn't seem possible (other than basic things like making some text bold or italic).

To me the HTML and mediumHTML presentation types need updating to reflect their title a bit better as I thought I could embed HTML or have some other way of formatting the text. Or provide a wiki presentation type for work item editors. I haven't used it in plan editors so really can't comment on it.

I haven't checked v2.0 though so things may have already changed in this area - be good to know.

In particular it would be good to have:

* Ability to specify blocks to text to be in a fixed width font (like Courier New) so that fixed column content can be pasted in and not lose its structure
* Tables to able to be embedded
* Images to be able to be embedded
* Links to be able to be embedded
* Lists such as this to be displayed as an HTML list, along with support for numbered lists using a # instead of a *

Is there a Work Item for this already, I couldn't find one, but I may have been searching for the wrong thing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.