It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution trend report is empty for all combinations of parm

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Dec 22 '11, 1:58 p.m.
Hi,

Have QM born as 3.0 upgraded to 3.0.1. Users have Test Plans/Test Cases in their project and on the "Execution Trend" report no combination of Test Plan + Milestone produces any information other than:

No records returned for report
Why did this happen?
This report presents historical data from the data warehouse. This data is collected by automated data collection jobs. It is possible that this chart is empty because the task has not had a chance to run yet.
To run the data collection jobs manually as an administrator, go to the Reports tab in the administrative web UI for the Jazz Team Server. Select the "Run all data warehouse collection jobs for all applications" link. After the jobs have completed, try viewing this report again.
It is also possible that the selected parameters did not return any results from the data warehouse.

Earlier this particular QM ETL was failing because the ID being used didn't have QM license. Warehouse jobs for QM are all executing since that time.

Any suggestions ?

7 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jan 06 '12, 1:12 p.m.
Anyone ?

Hi,

Have QM born as 3.0 upgraded to 3.0.1. Users have Test Plans/Test Cases in their project and on the "Execution Trend" report no combination of Test Plan + Milestone produces any information other than:

No records returned for report
Why did this happen?
This report presents historical data from the data warehouse. This data is collected by automated data collection jobs. It is possible that this chart is empty because the task has not had a chance to run yet.
To run the data collection jobs manually as an administrator, go to the Reports tab in the administrative web UI for the Jazz Team Server. Select the "Run all data warehouse collection jobs for all applications" link. After the jobs have completed, try viewing this report again.
It is also possible that the selected parameters did not return any results from the data warehouse.

Earlier this particular QM ETL was failing because the ID being used didn't have QM license. Warehouse jobs for QM are all executing since that time.

Any suggestions ?

permanent link
Peter Haumer (2.2k12019) | answered Jan 10 '12, 9:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello.
It might be easier to work with tech support to analyze what is going wrong and why the report is empty. If you are managing test phases, have results linked to those phases and the collection runs every night then you should see data.
Peter Haumer.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jan 11 '12, 8:41 a.m.
Peter,

I have a vague idea about your statement, but as a mere Jazz Admin what's "inside the box" is not always clear. While I try to dig this up myself if you have further hints about checking for the configuration you describe it would be most welcome.

Hello.
It might be easier to work with tech support to analyze what is going wrong and why the report is empty. If you are managing test phases, have results linked to those phases and the collection runs every night then you should see data.
Peter Haumer.

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Jan 11 '12, 10:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A couple of points...

1. Obviously, the data collection jobs need to have completed successfully.

2. The report depends heavily on the Test Schedule of the Test Plan it is running against. There need to be Test Schedule entries in the Test Plan with at least Planned Start and Planned End dates.

3. The execution results will appear in the report if they were completed during the duration of the Milestones (schedules) selected to be reported on.
3a. Make sure the TERs (and hence results) are associated with the appropriate Test Plan and Milestone.

4. There was a bug in the 3.0.1 version of the report that required the schedules have Actual Start and Actual End dates.. That was fixed in 3.0.1.1. Make sure if you updated to 3.0.1.1 that you updated the report designs.

I hope that helps,
Mark

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jan 11 '12, 10:42 a.m.
Thanks for the reply.

The server is 3.0.1. Not all scheduled start/end are entered as described in the
CLM info center (3.0.1.1 version) are in the

=====================================================
https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.reports.doc/topics/qm_c_birt_reports.html

Displays the actual test execution progress against the planned progress. This report uses weight to determine how much work is complete, how much work is left, and whether progress is being made as expected. To generate the report, you MUST HAVE BOTH THE PLANNED AND ACTUAL START AND END DATES DEFINED IN THE TEST SCHEDULE SECTION OF THE TEST PLAN
=======================================================

I reported back to the customer re the Planned start/end and Actual start/end have to be provided.

A couple of points...

2. The report depends heavily on the Test Schedule of the Test Plan it is running against. There need to be Test Schedule entries in the Test Plan with at least Planned Start and Planned End dates.

3. The execution results will appear in the report if they were completed during the duration of the Milestones (schedules) selected to be reported on.
3a. Make sure the TERs (and hence results) are associated with the appropriate Test Plan and Milestone.

4. There was a bug in the 3.0.1 version of the report that required the schedules have Actual Start and Actual End dates.. That was fixed in 3.0.1.1. Make sure if you updated to 3.0.1.1 that you updated the report designs.

I hope that helps,
Mark

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jan 11 '12, 3:25 p.m.
Observed customer had added actual start/end to a Test Plan schedule. No change in the Execution Trend report, so I kicked off the Data Warehouse job. Now report has nice graph.

Thanks for the reply.

The server is 3.0.1. Not all scheduled start/end are entered as described in the

https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.reports.doc/topics/qm_c_birt_reports.html

Displays the actual test execution progress against the planned progress. This report uses weight to determine how much work is complete, how much work is left, and whether progress is being made as expected. To generate the report, you MUST HAVE BOTH THE PLANNED AND ACTUAL START AND END DATES DEFINED IN THE TEST SCHEDULE SECTION OF THE TEST PLAN

I reported back to the customer re the Planned start/end and Actual start/end have to be provided.

A couple of points...

I hope that helps,
Mark

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jan 17 '12, 12:25 p.m.
However, the graph only shows the planned work not the completed bars.

I've relayed the outline above to customer.

Would the addition of the schedule info _post_ results affect what gets shown for the attempted/complete values?

Observed customer had added actual start/end to a Test Plan schedule. No change in the Execution Trend report, so I kicked off the Data Warehouse job. Now report has nice graph.

Thanks for the reply.

A couple of points...

I hope that helps,
Mark

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.