It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't remove predefined Plan Types from Process Template

Simon Fisher (1631710) | asked Dec 20 '11, 9:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

My client has a custom template (loosely) based on the OOTB Scrum one. They would like to remove the Product Backlog plan type from all new projects instantiated from this template. I have tried removing the <plantype> section in the XML, however the plan type is still created.

How can I remove it?

Thanks,

Simon

2 answers

permanent link
David Castellanos (20686) | answered Dec 23 '11, 1:35 a.m.
Hi Simon,

I believe Iteration/Release/Product plan types are defined outside the scope of the visible process configuration XML.
The RTC team must have decided that these are templates everyone would need; after all, plan templates are required to create plans.

This applies to all process templates, even the 'unconfigured process'.

permanent link
Scott Crouch (48532426) | answered Dec 29 '11, 8:53 a.m.
I don't know if this is a supported/recommended solution, but if you look at the process xml for the formal process the backlog plan type is also defined there. Except it's not visible as an option and this seems to be controlled by the "deprecated="true"" flag.

For example:

<plantype deprecated="true" icon="/icons/obj16/backlog_plan_obj.gif" id="com.ibm.team.apt.plantype.product.backlog" name="Product Backlog">

You might give this a try and see if it fixes your problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.