It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to set userid in com.ibm.team.process.internal.rcp.ui.RepositoryLoginDialog ??

Nandini Math (285) | asked Feb 02 '16, 11:13 p.m.
edited Feb 03 '16, 12:25 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
I want to populate userid in com.ibm.team.process.internal.rcp.ui.RepositoryLoginDialog through a program, as com.ibm.team.process.internal.rcp.ui.RepositoryLoginDialog , how do i set it as userid field is private in RepositoryDialog and it does not have a setter method????

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 03 '16, 12:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think you can do that, and I am not sure why you want to. If you want to access the team repository from within Eclipse, there are better ways to do that, once the user has logged in or to log into it in automation.

Start here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ and read this and the related links carefully.

One important link is Understanding and Using the RTC Java Client API . This explains how to log into the team repository, or how to get the connection if the code runs in a RTC Eclipse client that is logged in.

Comments
Nandini Math commented Feb 03 '16, 12:44 a.m.

Hello Mr. Ralph ,

Thank you for your answer. Actually i have requirement to automate RTC connection and i have the code for it and now i want to populate userid and url to com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.RepositoryCreationWizard as i could not do that so i thought to use RepositoryLoginInfoDialog. Could you please let me know how i can populate uri n userid to RepositoryCreationWizard?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 03 '16, 1:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The dialog you try to use is a user dialog and I can't tell if you have any chance to automate that dialog without special tools that control the application. For Eclipse extensions and automation you would not use or need that dialog to log in.

Consider to really read my answer and to go through the links provided.

You probably also should provide more information about what and why you want to achieve rather than how. See How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.