It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Converting OpenUp to Scrum

Martin Cieslar (2122) | asked Dec 18 '11, 11:50 a.m.
Hello all,

I'm using Rational Team Concert 2.0.0.2 for free usage up to 10 developers with Eclipse Client.
I chose at beginning template OpenUp. Unfortunately this template doesn't provide Burnout Chart.

Is here any possibility how to convert OpenUp process to SCRUM process or how to invoke Burnout Chart? My problem is that I can't see even in Dashboard any graph similar to Burnout chart or with some useful information

Thank you very much for any tips..
Martin

4 answers

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Dec 20 '11, 9:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello all,

I'm using Rational Team Concert 2.0.0.2 for free usage up to 10 developers with Eclipse Client.
I chose at beginning template OpenUp. Unfortunately this template doesn't provide Burnout Chart.

Is here any possibility how to convert OpenUp process to SCRUM process or how to invoke Burnout Chart? My problem is that I can't see even in Dashboard any graph similar to Burnout chart or with some useful information

Martin

Hi Martin,

While different process templates provide different lists of reports out of the box, there is no reason why you can't deploy any report into any project area. In your case, I guess you're talking about either the Burnup or the Burndown report. You can deploy these into your projects either in the rich client or in the Web UI. For the rich client:
Open the Team Artifacts view.
Expand your project, expand Reports.
Select Report Templates, right click, and Deploy New Templates.
Select a team area or project area to "share" the report templates with.
It will then give you a list of all out-of-the-box reports which are *not* already deployed in your project. Burnup and Burndown should be in the list.
Select them, and it will deploy them for use.
You can then create reports from these report templates.

You may also want to deploy the "Micro" burnup and burndown report templates, which are used in the dashboard.

Hope this helps.

james
CLM Reporting lead

permanent link
Martin Cieslar (2122) | answered Dec 28 '11, 9:45 a.m.
Dear James,

thank you very much for your answer.
The problem is that I can't expand Reports because I can't see it in the Eclipse Client Project. Here is just
- Plans
- Work Items
- Builds
but no Reports.

Can you advice me please what should I download or what should I do to see tab Reports in Team Artefacts View?

Hello all,

Martin

Hi Martin,

While different process templates provide different lists of reports out of the box, there is no reason why you can't deploy any report into any project area. In your case, I guess you're talking about either the Burnup or the Burndown report. You can deploy these into your projects either in the rich client or in the Web UI. For the rich client:
It will then give you a list of all out-of-the-box reports which are *not* already deployed in your project. Burnup and Burndown should be in the list.

You may also want to deploy the "Micro" burnup and burndown report templates, which are used in the dashboard.

Hope this helps.

james
CLM Reporting lead

permanent link
Martin Cieslar (2122) | answered Jan 09 '12, 5:00 a.m.
In case, that somebody has similar problem as I had - here is the solution which worked for me.

The problem was, that I used RTC in version for 10 developers max.
This version provides only few reports.

Download trial version (Enterprise or Standard) and replace directory repositoryDB with same folder from "10 Free developers" version.

Afterwards you can use reports as Burndown chart etc. for another 60 days.

Regards
Martin

Dear James,

The problem is that I can't expand Reports because I can't see it in the Eclipse Client Project. Here is just
- Plans
- Work Items
- Builds
but no Reports.

Can you advice me please what should I download or what should I do to see tab Reports in Team Artefacts View?

Hello all,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Hope this helps.

james
CLM Reporting lead

permanent link
Brian Schimpf (27611514) | answered Jan 09 '12, 9:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In case, that somebody has similar problem as I had - here is the solution which worked for me.

The problem was, that I used RTC in version for 10 developers max.
This version provides only few reports.

Download trial version (Enterprise or Standard) and replace directory repositoryDB with same folder from "10 Free developers" version.

Afterwards you can use reports as Burndown chart etc. for another 60 days.

Regards
Martin

Dear James,

- Plans
- Work Items
- Builds
but no Reports.

Hello all,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Hope this helps.

james
CLM Reporting lead

Since this posting is in the "Academic use and research" forum I'd also like to point out that members of the IBM Academic Initiative have access to all versions of Rational Team Concert (as well as essentially all IBM software products) at no charge as long as the products are used for instruction or academic research. See http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/university/academicinitiative/ for details.

Thanks,

Brian

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.