It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems using IE8

Sameer Raval (2621) | asked Dec 14 '11, 10:23 a.m.
Our organization has had major setbacks using IE8 to use RRC 3.0.1 in terms of performance loss. When RRC is run using IE8, we experience extreme latency to the point where the tool is rendered almost unusable. We tested RRC 3.0.1 using Firefox and experienced no issues with performance. So my question is, who is using RRC 3.0.1 using IE8, and are you experiencing any latency with this browser?

Thank You.

7 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Dec 14 '11, 12:15 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sameer,

Sorry you are having problems with IE8. I recommend you contact support as this is a known issue and a patch is available. The problems will be fixed in 3.0.1.2.

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39346762) | answered Dec 16 '11, 12:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
I would like to to suggest you to go through the system requirement and cross check.
https://jazz.net/library/article/632

permanent link
Sameer Raval (2621) | answered Dec 19 '11, 11:33 a.m.
Hi Sameer,

Sorry you are having problems with IE8. I recommend you contact support as this is a known issue and a patch is available. The problems will be fixed in 3.0.1.2.

Is this patch on the server or the local workstation?

permanent link
Sameer Raval (2621) | answered Dec 21 '11, 1:31 p.m.
Hi Sameer,

What does this patch actually help resolve? The speed with navigating the application, or the latency associated with switching between various other open applications and RRC?

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Dec 21 '11, 5:58 p.m.
The patch is server side and meant to resolve memory related issues when using the application with IE8.

permanent link
Sameer Raval (2621) | answered Dec 22 '11, 9:20 a.m.
The patch is server side and meant to resolve memory related issues when using the application with IE8.

So what does this mean as far as application impact? Will the application itself run faster?

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Dec 22 '11, 11:49 a.m.
The problem fixed was memory related and was specific to IE8. The browser would become slower after some time and the problems were not present in IE7 or FireFox. I recommend contacting support for details if you are interested in testing the fix in your environment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.