It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAD Code Coverage Extension

Daniel Stefan Haischt (21412322) | asked Dec 12 '11, 5:03 p.m.
Hi,

I successfully augmented a Jazz Build Engine with the RAD Code Coverage Extension. I am able to upload code coverage results to build results to view them inside RAD.

What I was wondering is whether a vanilla RTC V3 client could be enhanced in a way that users would be able to view RAD code coverage reports if opening a build result that is containing such information?

Would the solution be to simply install the RAD code coverage extension into the package group that is containing the RTC client?

Right now only users using RAD are able to view code coverage results. The web client is not showing the coverage tab nor does so a vanilla RTC client.

Additionally, as an alternative I tried to generate HTML code coverage using the BIRT report engine as described in the RAD info center but BIRT bails out with an NPE. Thus it's not possible to upload HTML reports to build results to redistribute them to everybody.

As anybody using the BIRT report engine successfully together with the RAD 8.0.4 code coverage extension? I am using BIRT runtime 3.7.1.

Cheers
Daniel

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Dec 13 '11, 3:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Daniel,

the Build Team is working an making it easier to upload arbitrary build results to a build result. There are several work items for that.

If you could generate HTML code from the result and place it into a web server stage that publishes the result as HTML link, you could attach the link to RTC build results today. That would be the most general solution I can think of today.

Installing the Extensions into RTC might not be possible/legally not advisable and might even break the client. I would go for publishing as HTML in the long run. I am of course not sure what would be required to do that.

permanent link
Daniel Stefan Haischt (21412322) | answered Dec 13 '11, 4:31 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Hi Daniel,

the Build Team is working an making it easier to upload arbitrary build results to a build result. There are several work items for that.

If you could generate HTML code from the result and place it into a web server stage that publishes the result as HTML link, you could attach the link to RTC build results today. That would be the most general solution I can think of today.

Installing the Extensions into RTC might not be possible/legally not advisable and might even break the client. I would go for publishing as HTML in the long run. I am of course not sure what would be required to do that.

I agree with going with the HTML-generation approach first if possible. Unfortunately as indicated the BIRT reporting engine required to generate such reports throws an NPE during generation and thus it's not possible to generate the complete HTML report structure.

Cheers
Daniel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.