It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Disabling icon / function in pending changes view of Eclipse

Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | asked Nov 30 '11, 4:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
closed Jun 19 '12, 3:27 a.m.
Hi,

is there any easy way to disable the "deliver all outgoing baselines and changesets" button in the Pending Changes view of Eclipse? The underlying reason is that developers have to deliver change sets not only to their stream, but also to non-default deliver targets, which have a vastly different configuration.

In the latter case, there is a great number of "outgoing changes" which should not be delivered under any circumstances. We would like to prevent someone from accidently hitting the "deliver all" button.

Can it be disabled by e.g. setting some configuration value = false in some .xml?

- Arne

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by abister Jun 19 '12, 3:27 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Nov 30 '11, 7:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Arne,

if that would be a context menu, the context menus are, if not created programmatic, controlled by plugin.XML files that you could patch. I have not done something like that and you would have to make sure no one installs an update or a not manipulated version which would bring it back.

You could try to locate that plugin.xml in the SDK.

But I think the button you mention comes up later and that is actually coded inside of the plugin code. I have not found a way to switch it off in Eclipse either. So I think it is not possible. I'd create an enhancement request.
Arne Bister selected this answer as the correct answer