It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to do a simple test script print in 3.0.1.1?

Ken Murphy (1033235) | asked Nov 23 '11, 11:56 a.m.
Needed to print a test script in RQM v3.0.1.1. Selected the Print Artifact Summary option, as this is the only obvious (to me) option for printing a test script. But, this did much more than produce a simple printout of the steps in the test script. It produced a many-page printout. Is there a way to produce a simple printout of the steps in a test script?

4 answers

permanent link
David Hanslip (23124448) | answered Nov 28 '11, 3:29 a.m.
The only way I've found to do this is to use Rational Publishing Engine, but this is a separate reporting tool.

permanent link
Michael Triantafelow (4513) | answered Nov 28 '11, 2:05 p.m.
There is also a "Print View" button on most pages that can be used to literally print out what you see. Use this in conjunction with your browser button.

What information does the PDF contain that you didn't want? I'm always looking to make the PDFs more useful.

permanent link
Ken Murphy (1033235) | answered Nov 28 '11, 4:34 p.m.
Users would like merely to print a list of the steps. The Print Artifact Summary generates a 10-page PDF for a 29-step test script. Users recall that they could do this before upgrading from v2.x to v3.0.1.1.

If we use the "Print View" button in conjunction with the browser print capability, all we get is what you can see on the screen. But, there are only 16 steps on the screen. The other 9 must be scrolled to, so they're not included in the printed version. At any rate, the right-most column, Expected Results, is only a couple of columns wide.

Our browsr is IE8.

permanent link
Ken Murphy (1033235) | answered Dec 02 '11, 9:56 a.m.
Submitted enhancement 59233 to the RQM project.
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=59233

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.