It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Referencing thirdparty Libraries in Operation Advisor

Imran Akbar (56278) | asked Nov 18 '11, 2:00 a.m.
I have developed an Operation Advisor which is working well, now i require to add a thirdparty libraries like jcraft to do some FTP activities, Could some one advice how this external jar can be added through eclipse IDE while developing and how to deploy it in server.

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 18 '11, 10:45 a.m.
I have developed an Operation Advisor which is working well, now i require to add a thirdparty libraries like jcraft to do some FTP activities, Could some one advice how this external jar can be added through eclipse IDE while developing and how to deploy it in server.

huh? you add the jar to the project jar files just like any other java project.

then you would have to package that into the files in your plugin update site such that they get deployed on the server with your plugin..(which builds a private local classpath)

Sam

permanent link
Imran Akbar (56278) | answered Nov 21 '11, 5:13 a.m.

huh? you add the jar to the project jar files just like any other java project.

then you would have to package that into the files in your plugin update site such that they get deployed on the server with your plugin..(which builds a private local classpath)

Sam

Hi sam,

"you would have to package that into the files in your plugin update site"

Could you please be more precise on the above, i have added the jar to the plug in, once the site has been created how/where could the path of the jar can be added.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 21 '11, 8:09 a.m.
you would add the directory to the plugin publishing requirements, on the build tab of the plugin.xml.

then u would add that directory to the plugin classpath on the runtime tab of the plugin.xml.

you could add just individual files to the classpath as well.

Sam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.