It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export Flow Diagrams to .doc or .pdf

Brian Ronan (211010) | asked Nov 11 '11, 4:15 p.m.
Currently, I am using the RRC 3.0.1 sandbox, I was wondering if there is a way to export the "simple flow diagrams" and "business process diagrams" from RRC into a .doc or .pdf document, essentially capturing the flow as a picture that I can see/print out of word or adobe.

Thank you for any input/advice about this topic,

Brian R.
Business Analyst
Accenture

5 answers

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered Nov 14 '11, 11:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brian,
Usually you would be able to print any artifact to PDF/MS Word from the Print to icon on the RRC toolbar inside the artifact.

There is a known issue for printing Simple Flow Diagrams that was already addressed on RRC 3.0.1.1. I hope that the sandbox gets this version soon.

Meanwhile, I may be able to help you with a workaround to get an image for the artifacts, by tinkering a URL that retrieves the image thought the reporting API. To do that you can send me the artifact(s) id by email and I'll see what I can do.

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414077) | answered May 09 '12, 10:26 a.m.
@edgarv, I am in a similar situation. I need to export Use Case Diagrams, Sketches, Flow Diagrams as image. Same information would be help for me. Artifact ID is 297.

- Chidambaram
ALM Consultant to IBM.

Hi Brian,
Usually you would be able to print any artifact to PDF/MS Word from the Print to icon on the RRC toolbar inside the artifact.

There is a known issue for printing Simple Flow Diagrams that was already addressed on RRC 3.0.1.1. I hope that the sandbox gets this version soon.

Meanwhile, I may be able to help you with a workaround to get an image for the artifacts, by tinkering a URL that retrieves the image thought the reporting API. To do that you can send me the artifact(s) id by email and I'll see what I can do.

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414077) | answered May 09 '12, 10:28 a.m.
@edgarv, Same information id required for me. We use RRC 3.0.1.1; I need to export Use Case Diagrams, Sketches, Flow Diagrams as image. Artifact ID of a Use Case Diagram is 297.

- Chidambaram
ALM Consultant to IBM.

Hi Brian,

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered May 09 '12, 1:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
One workaround is to embed the artifacts you want export as images (UseCaseDiagrams, simpleflow diagrams, etc).
1. Embed the artifact into a text artifact
2. Copy the artifact UUID (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRC3ReportServiceFAQ#Where_can_I_find_the_artifact_UR)
3. Request the text artifact trough the Reportable REST API (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRC3ReportableRestAPI)
https:///rm/publish/text?resourceURI=
4. Copy the images from the generated HTML

Hope this helps you work though

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414077) | answered Jun 21 '12, 7:34 a.m.
@edgarv, Thanks for the information.

I am currently doing an activity for migrating RRC project from one server to another. RRC version is 3.0.1.1. Links are excluded from this migration. All types of documents like sketches & text are included here.

Can you also guide me on how to read the requirements under a particular RRC folder & how to write the same.

Sample programs in this regard will be helpful.

Chidambaram
ALM Consultant to IBM
Chidambaram@maintec.in

Comments
Robin Bater commented Feb 27 '13, 3:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not sure what type of migration is needed but if the artifact ID's are not needed to be maintained then you could create a project template archive, then install this project template archive on the new server and create a new project based upon the archive, without comments, reviews and OSLC links.

This is what we do with the Money That Matters JKE Banking RM project example. We create them on a RM server then create an archive which is added to the code for use on any installed server.

In V4 the creation of project template archive was made available as part of the manage project properties admin to make this process easier.

For V3.0.1 you will probably need to contact tech support for a procedure creating the archive and configuring it on a new server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.