It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[JBE] How to develop a new buildEngineParticipant ?

Florian Georg (19031918) | asked Nov 10 '11, 5:00 a.m.
I'm trying to write a new build definition type to support additional build technologies like Apache Ivy.

For the RTC server and Eclipse UI, everything works fine so far.
However, running such a new build definition spawns the following error in the build log:

CRRTC3507W: Warning: No engine participant found for build configuration element "Apache Ivy".

I see that one must add a
com.ibm.team.build.engine.buildEngineParticipants

extension, but now it comes to the point that I will have this being registered in the JBE application I think.

So these are my questions:

1. How do I setup my RTC SDK environment to be able to build/test JBE extensions ? (I have a working environment for RTC server/client extensions, as described in the Extension Workshop here: https://jazz.net/library/article/634/)
2. How can I deploy my finished plugin into an existing JBE installation afterwards?

Thanks for any hints
Florian

2 answers

permanent link
Sterling Bates (2311612) | answered Nov 21 '11, 12:20 p.m.
Out of curiosity, what would be the point of a build engine type for Ivy? My utilization of Ivy has always been inside of an Ant build, but I'm interested to see if there's some new innovation here.

permanent link
Florian Georg (19031918) | answered Nov 21 '11, 3:24 p.m.
The idea was to do something like the Hudson/Jenkins plugin for Ivy:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Ivy+Plugin
Aside from some configuration convenience, this plug-in supports *parallel* build jobs for modules, based on the ivy dependency graph.
As a first step, I wanted to publish the dependency report back into the RTC repository / build result.

btw - I found the answer to my question. Of course I have to register the handler participant against the JBE application

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.