It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Stand alone program behavior?

Anita Jey (1611315) | asked Apr 02 '12, 12:43 p.m.
Hi,

Is it possible, to run a stand alone Java program to create a custom build definition?

To add a little more detail - this is what I am envisioning in my head:
1. The entry to the program would be through a public static void main(String[] args) method.
2. I will then have to attach it to an existing server application with appropriate url and credentials.
3. Once it is attached, the code should be able to access server artifacts like streams, build definitions, and perform CRUD operations on them.
4. Detach the connection and exit.

Can the REST API help with me this? I am going through the documentation

Thanks,
-AJ

2 answers

permanent link
Robin Bobbitt (59679) | answered Apr 02 '12, 3:11 p.m.
Hi AJ,

On the All Downloads tab of your RTC downloads page (e.g., https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0.1.3?p=allDownloads), go to Plain Zips. In there you'll see Plain Java Client Libraries and Plain Java Client Libraries API documentation. I think this is what you're looking for. Snippet1.java that ships with the libraries shows you how to log in to your repository. See the API for com.ibm.team.build.common and client for working with build definitions, and com.ibm.team.scm.common and client for working with streams.
Hope this helps!

permanent link
Anita Jey (1611315) | answered Apr 02 '12, 3:30 p.m.
Thanks Robin. Will give it a try and let you know what I find, thanks!

Hi AJ,

On the All Downloads tab of your RTC downloads page (e.g., https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0.1.3?p=allDownloads), go to Plain Zips. In there you'll see Plain Java Client Libraries and Plain Java Client Libraries API documentation. I think this is what you're looking for. Snippet1.java that ships with the libraries shows you how to log in to your repository. See the API for com.ibm.team.build.common and client for working with build definitions, and com.ibm.team.scm.common and client for working with streams.
Hope this helps!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.