It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does "scm" has a command to replace a baseline?

Leandro Leal (14614245) | asked Nov 09 '11, 4:54 p.m.
I have a stream with 2 baselines 1 and 2. The current baseline is the number 2. Can I place the baseline number 1 active using scm command?.

Thanks in advance!!!

4 answers

permanent link
Shinobu Ishida (1371915) | answered Nov 10 '11, 5:21 a.m.
Hi Leandro.

I have the same question, too.

To replace baseline of "COMP1" from BL2 to BL1 in "Test_Stream", I've already tried "scm workspace replace-components", but it does not work well...

>scm workspace replace-components -b "BL1" "Test_Stream" stream "Test_Stream" "COMP1" 

Selector "Test_Stream" did not match any workspaces
Problem running 'workspace replace-components':
Unmatched workspace selector "Test_Stream"

Then I tried the following operation as workaround for this error, it works.

1. create a repository workspace (named "RW1").
2. Add component "COMP1" (BL1) to "RW1".
3. replace baseline from the repository workspace to the stream using "scm workspace replace-components";

>scm workspace replace-components "Test_Stream" stream "RW1" "COMP1" 

Do anyone know a better way?

I have a stream with 2 baselines 1 and 2. The current baseline is the number 2. Can I place the baseline number 1 active using scm command?.

Thanks in advance!!!

permanent link
Leandro Leal (14614245) | answered Nov 10 '11, 8:37 a.m.
Hi Leandro.

To replace baseline of "COMP1" from BL2 to BL1 in "Test_Stream", I've already tried "scm workspace replace-components", but it does not work well...

>scm workspace replace-components -b "BL1" "Test_Stream" stream "Test_Stream" "COMP1" 

3. replace baseline from the repository workspace to the stream using "scm workspace replace-components";

Thanks in advance!!!

I only know one way to do this and is taking a stream of previous baselines. Then if you want return a baseline run
scm deliver -r https://server:9443/ccm -s Stream_Previus -t Stream_Current

You can only give back to the preceding baseline

permanent link
Leandro Leal (14614245) | answered Nov 11 '11, 4:03 p.m.
Hi Leandro.

Thanks in advance!!!

I only know one way to do this and is taking a stream of previous baselines. Then if you want return a baseline run

Hi, sishida

Delivery only works if there is no conflict. Yes, there is conflict is better to make a replacement and if you must run the following:

scm workspace rplc --all -o -r https://bodapps39:9443/ccm Stream_Source stream Stream_Target

Thanks!

permanent link
Shinobu Ishida (1371915) | answered Nov 14 '11, 6:41 a.m.
Hi Leandro.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi, sishida

Delivery only works if there is no conflict. Yes, there is conflict is better to make a replacement and if you must run the following:

scm workspace rplc --all -o -r https://bodapps39:9443/ccm Stream_Source stream Stream_Target

Thanks!

Thanks, Leandro.

There can be conflict and we have to use "scm ws rplc".
But there is only one stream, so "Stream_Source" and "Stream_Target" are the same one. "scm ws rplc" does not work well...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.