It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

transfer componnets from one project to another project

Mickey Roash (9021616) | asked Oct 24 '11, 11:02 a.m.
Hi ,

We run a pilot project on a test project,and I had load our source code to few components and streams.
I now want to move to a our production project ( which is on the same jazz server ) that we are working on it while a go with workitems.
Can I copy/move my components from test project to the production server ?
How I can do it ?
dose the components will include their baseline ?
Can I move streams with all the snapshots as well ?

Thanks,
Mickey

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 24 '11, 11:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi ,

We run a pilot project on a test project,and I had load our source code to few components and streams.
I now want to move to a our production project ( which is on the same jazz server ) that we are working on it while a go with workitems.
Can I copy/move my components from test project to the production server ?
How I can do it ?
dose the components will include their baseline ?
Can I move streams with all the snapshots as well ?

Thanks,
Mickey
Since you're on the same server, change the owner of the streams and components to the production project.

If you want to copy, duplicate the stream and assign the production project as the owner. You may want to change the owner for the components as well. Then show snapshots on the test stream and change owner (called promote snapshot pre-3.0) to the production stream.

It would be easiest to change the owner unless you want to keep a copy of the way things were when the project was a test (although that can be preserved by creating a snapshot before duplication).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.