It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading Tomcat

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | asked Oct 18 '11, 6:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I have to use a later point version of Tomcat (5.5.34) than the one supplied with RTC 3.0.1 (actually CLM 3.0.1 but if it works for RTC, I can do the rest). Has anyone attempted an in-place upgrade of the Tomcat bits? This is on Windows 2008 R2.

thanks

anthony

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9185201) | answered Oct 21 '11, 4:47 p.m.
I've just deployed 3.0.1 with Tomcat chosen as Application server. I to have in the past needed to update Tomcat. I've done this but to the 3.0.1 installs 5.5.33, here's how:

Renamed the tomcat directory deployed under the RTC install. Unzip'd the appropriate tomcat level into the same folder as the now renamed tomcat. Moved the tomcat(old)\webapps\ files into the new tomcat\webapps
Copied the tomcat(old)\conf\server.xml into new tomcat\conf

However, I work on non-windows which made this a fairly simple switch, YYMV ;-)

Hi

I have to use a later point version of Tomcat (5.5.34) than the one supplied with RTC 3.0.1 (actually CLM 3.0.1 but if it works for RTC, I can do the rest). Has anyone attempted an in-place upgrade of the Tomcat bits? This is on Windows 2008 R2.

thanks

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Oct 22 '11, 8:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've just deployed 3.0.1 with Tomcat chosen as Application server. I to have in the past needed to update Tomcat. I've done this but to the 3.0.1 installs 5.5.33, here's how:

Renamed the tomcat directory deployed under the RTC install. Unzip'd the appropriate tomcat level into the same folder as the now renamed tomcat. Moved the tomcat(old)\webapps\ files into the new tomcat\webapps
Copied the tomcat(old)\conf\server.xml into new tomcat\conf

However, I work on non-windows which made this a fairly simple switch, YYMV ;-)

Hi

thanks

anthony

Thanks Kevin. I ended doing something similar and after running this for a few days so far - no problems.

I also downloaded and uinzipped the files into a temp directory, then copied over the new files into my existing <JazzTeamServer>/server/tomcat. I copied over the following sub-dirs:

bin
common
server
shared
temp
work

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.