It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 2.0.1 iFix 5 - jazz.log file growing in wrong path

Narayanan Potti (27037279) | asked Oct 16 '11, 10:09 p.m.
retagged May 01 '13, 5:18 a.m. by Gerd Schiering (12211316)
RQM experts,

In my env RQM 2.0.1 iFix 5 is installed on Windows Server 2003 SP2. Jazz Team Server version is 1.0.0.2 iFix4. Apache Tomcat is configured to run as Windows service on the server.

RQM installation location in the server is E:\Program Files\IBM\RQM201\ however in the last week or so jazz.log file is being created in C:\WINDOWS\system32\tomcat\logs\ folder. The file grows to more than 8 GB and it consumes most of the disk space on C drive and takes away the disk space from Windows OS which could cause the server to crash.

As far as I understand JAZZ log file path was not changed. Can anyone let me know why jazz.log is being created in the system folder ? Also please let me know where I can check for setting that contain the path of this file. In E:\Program Files\IBM\RQM201\ server\conf\jazz\ log4j.properties file has the variable setting log4j.appender.file.File=tomcat/logs/jazz.log. Can someone here let me know if this variable setting is causing the problem ? If yes I need to know if it can be changed to set the location to E drive.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
NP

One answer

permanent link
Gerd Schiering (12211316) | answered May 01 '13, 5:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Narayanan,

Please see the following TechNote http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21567425
on how to configure and change the logging path when running TomCat as a Windows service.

Hope this help,
Gerd Schiering
IBM TechSupport

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.