It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export Rank Value in RTC 3.01

Paul Wellman (71119) | asked Sep 30 '11, 2:07 p.m.
Greetings,

I am working with a number of teams and was wondering how I would be able to export the Rank values of our story work items?

It seems there is no way to effectively export the Rank in a query. We are using RTC 3.01.

Thank you kindly.

Paul Wellman

2 answers

permanent link
Sharoon Shetty Kuriyala (55133) | answered Oct 18 '11, 7:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

The Rank attribute shows in a readable form in the web ui like 1, 2, 3 etc but not in eclipse client. However we cannot export data from web UI and can do so only in the eclipse client hence the answer to your question is that it is not yet supported in the tool.

You can refer to the work item "publishing the information for an iteration plan including the planned items (66468)" to track the work on exporting data from web ui which also includes this attribute in addition to many others.

Thanks,
Sharoon - Planning Team

Greetings,

I am working with a number of teams and was wondering how I would be able to export the Rank values of our story work items?

It seems there is no way to effectively export the Rank in a query. We are using RTC 3.01.

Thank you kindly.

Paul Wellman

permanent link
M Kevin McHugh (1557) | answered Aug 06 '13, 6:00 p.m.
While I have not gone back to check this on anything prior to 4.0.3, I did solve this on 4.0.3.

There is a Rank attribute that you can add to the Columns displayed in a query.  Unfortunately, it is some unreadable value string.  I was sad.

But, then I thought, why not try sorting on that attribute.  So, I did.  Turns out it will sort correctly by Rank.

So, if you want an export with Rank, write a query that exports everything else.  Sort by Rank.  Pull it into your favorite spreadsheet.  And add a column that is the Ranking sequence.  You know.  This cell equals the last cell value + 1.

Hope this help!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.