It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upload failed. Response is: Repository Error uploading file.

sandeep rao (131314) | asked Sep 29 '11, 8:29 a.m.
The error encountered while uploading the file to the Task WI. The Error Message: "Repository Error uploading file ". This happens only with one specific WI in the Project Area. The firebug doesnot show any stack trace for the Error to trace the issue.

Comments
Michael Valenta commented Sep 29 '11, 11:33 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '13, 10:38 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is there a stack trace in the Error Log view?

Sandra Hoffmann commented Oct 19 '11, 11:48 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '13, 10:38 a.m.

Which error log view you mean?

We have the same problem. We had the problem on version 2.0, and we migrated to 3.0 but we still have the problem.

Any hints on this?

Tim Mok commented Oct 19 '11, 12:02 p.m. | edited Mar 20 '13, 10:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

We have the same problem. We had the problem on version 2.0, and we migrated to 3.0 but we still have the problem.

Any hints on this?Window > Show View > Error Log

Errors are logged in this view. You can open up an error to see if there is a stack trace.

Sandra Hoffmann commented Oct 20 '11, 3:56 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '13, 10:39 a.m.

I am still confused where to find Window > Show View > Error Log. I think on the server side, right?

We are work on Linux for z with a tomcat and a db2 configuration.

Any hints on this?Window > Show View > Error Log

Errors are logged in this view. You can open up an error to see if there is a stack trace.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 20 '11, 4:23 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '13, 10:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can find that in the eclipse client.

Sandra Hoffmann commented Oct 20 '11, 9:52 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '13, 10:39 a.m.
You can find that in the eclipse client.

The problem I have is that I can append file to the defect over the eclipse client. For that reason the error log to not show a problem then I try this.

The error only occurs then we use the webinterface.

Kaushambi Singh commented Jun 13 '12, 12:33 p.m. | edited Mar 20 '13, 10:40 a.m.

Any solution for this error . I am getting the sameĀ error on web while uploading any file through web. Using RTC 3.0.1.1 version.

praveen patidar commented Mar 19 '13, 11:55 p.m. | edited Mar 20 '13, 10:40 a.m.

I seeing the issue related to this in Version 4.0

Error uploading file: 'Save Work Item' failed

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

4 answers

permanent link
Andrew Freed (21311214) | answered Dec 09 '11, 9:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Several internal users are reporting this on RTC 3.0.1 as well.
I wrote up a defect report:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=188035

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | answered Sep 12 '12, 10:26 a.m.
Known defect - fixed in version 3.0.1.4 only .... you need to request a hotfix .. addition of an attachment works correctly if you add if BEFORE you save .. after a save it will no longer accept the attachments. 

Jazz.net defect record
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=205731

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Oct 20 '11, 10:00 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The error encountered while uploading the file to the Task WI. The Error Message: "Repository Error uploading file ". This happens only with one specific WI in the Project Area. The firebug doesnot show any stack trace for the Error to trace the issue.

Sorry, I misunderstood where you were seeing the error. I originally though the error was coming from SCM but it appears to be an issue with the content service used by Work Items. You best course of action is to eitehr contact RTC support or enter a work item against the RTC Work Item component.

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | answered Mar 20 '13, 7:31 a.m.
We actually found that this was related to work item categories and restriction thereof in 3.0.1.3, where we had teams associated with a specific category and subsequently restricted visibility based on the team.  Not sure if that still the same issue - can't say I've seen it in 4.0.x

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.