It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

duplicate state ids in SCRUM process configuration

Daan van der Munnik (29113127) | asked Sep 22 '11, 5:18 a.m.
When looking at the process configuration source of the scrum template, I notice that both the taskWorkflow and the defectWorkflow are using the same id's for some states:

defectWorkflow:

<state group="closed" icon="processattachment:/workflow/resolve.gif" id="s3" name="Resolved" showResolution="true">
<action id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.verify"/>
<action id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.reopen"/>
</state>

taskWorkflow:

<state group="closed" icon="processattachment:/workflow/resolve.gif" id="s3" name="Done" showResolution="false">
<action id="com.ibm.team.workitem.taskWorkflow.action.a1"/>
</state>

This looks risky and got me into problems after adding an extra state to the taskWorkflow. When suddenly workitems started showing up in both resolved and unresolved queries.

Is this a bug or is there a specific reason for not using unique state ids in the default SCRUM template (i.e. com.ibm.team.workitem.taskWorkflow.state.s3 and com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s3)

Thanks,

Daan.

3 answers

permanent link
Parker Dunton (4064) | answered Sep 23 '11, 12:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Daan,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but could you open a work item against the Work Items team in RTC so they can take a look at it?

thanks,
Parker
Jazz Foundation | Process team

permanent link
Daan van der Munnik (29113127) | answered Sep 26 '11, 3:38 a.m.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=178438

permanent link
Daan van der Munnik (29113127) | answered Oct 05 '11, 4:19 a.m.
FYI: I received a reply on my work-item:

Resolution: Won't Fix
Comments:
Yes, we are aware of this, and I agree it's not good. This got defined like that in one of the first versions of RTC.
We decided to not change this as we want to keep process specs compatible between version (to make updating possible)

----------------

So bottom line is to always check the state-ids in the process configuration source when modifying states in any of the predefined process templates.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.