It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Switch sides in diff viewer

Ulrich Eckhardt (23612223) | asked Sep 16 '11, 7:27 a.m.
Hi!

I'd like to have the old version on the left side and the new version on the right side, is there some place where I can configure that? I haven't found a work item requesting this either, but I don't think it is unusual, so I guess there must be a way somewhere...

Thank you!

Uli

Comments
Ulrich Eckhardt commented Sep 20 '11, 3:09 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '14, 10:33 a.m.

Just wondering, am I the only one that finds the order for the two panes odd?

If not, I'd go and make myself familiar with filing feature requests...

:wink:

Uli

Lisa Coker commented Jul 18 '14, 7:21 p.m. | edited Jul 21 '14, 10:33 a.m.

Nope you are not the only one. We have people on our team who also would like to know the answer to this question.

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 21 '14, 10:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Compare view should have an option to swap before and after panes. (71398)

This is open as an enhancement. Work on new features and enhancements is driven through the RFE process (see Jazz.net FAQ. If you would like this new feature to be considered, please open an RFE using the link below:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=submitRfe&BRAND_ID=1&PROD_FAM_ID=244&PROD_ID=435&PRESELECT_DROPDOWNS=true

The submission of an RFE then triggers a review of the request by the RFE review board to determine how the request fits into our planning backlog.

This is also just how Eclipse defaults its compare editor. So even if a preference were provided, it may not alter all comparisons to reflect your preference of left/right order. It would only affect RTC SCM comparisons.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.