It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

URGENT: installation of build toolkit on iSeries

Luca Martinucci (1.0k397112) | asked Sep 15 '11, 3:55 a.m.
retagged Jun 24 '12, 3:54 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
Hi,
I need URGENTLY some pieces of information about the installation of the build tookit on iSeries.

- does this installation (of the build toolkit) introduces any new objects (libraries, profiles, etc....)? If yes, which ones?
- in addition to the jfs directory, are there any new objects generated on the partitions?
- will there be any pdf files to manage?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alex Moore (812) | answered Sep 15 '11, 9:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I need URGENTLY some pieces of information about the installation of the build tookit on iSeries.

- does this installation (of the build toolkit) introduces any new objects (libraries, profiles, etc....)? If yes, which ones?
- in addition to the jfs directory, are there any new objects generated on the partitions?
- will there be any pdf files to manage?

Thanks in advance.

When the build system toolkit is installed via licpgm (KJTS301) the following directory is created /QIBM/ProdData/RTC301/Build/Jazz.
No, new libraries, profiles, etc.. are generated during the installation. If the user run a IBM i Build Specification build some files are loaded to IFS, but you the user choose the directory in the build definition panel. By default the location is /tmp/Build Definition.

There are no PTF's file to manage.
Luca Martinucci selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.