It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Stream configuration not auto updated?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Sep 09 '11, 9:54 a.m.
Hi

I replaced two component's baselines to later ones in a stream from my RTC eclipse client. There is another developer has a workspace pointing to this stream. However, in his RTC eclipse client, the stream is still showing old baselines, and he has to manually refresh the stream to see my update (only at this point, the stream in his RTC eclipse client shows correct baselines), and only at this point, the changes are shown in Pending Changes.

Can't RTC automatically synchronizes that with the server?

Thanks
Jirong

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Sep 09 '11, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I replaced two component's baselines to later ones in a stream from my RTC eclipse client. There is another developer has a workspace pointing to this stream. However, in his RTC eclipse client, the stream is still showing old baselines, and he has to manually refresh the stream to see my update (only at this point, the stream in his RTC eclipse client shows correct baselines), and only at this point, the changes are shown in Pending Changes.

Can't RTC automatically synchronizes that with the server?

Thanks
Jirong
Is he expecting to see the changes immediately when you've updated the stream's components? Pending Changes doesn't poll that often for changes. Wait a minute or two, the changes will show up.

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Sep 09 '11, 12:13 p.m.
Is he expecting to see the changes immediately when you've updated the stream's components? Pending Changes doesn't poll that often for changes. Wait a minute or two, the changes will show up.

For 2 hours the stream didn't change so I believe it won't change by itself without manually refresh it. That's the problem. The Pending Changes will only change after the stream changes, this I can understand, and there is no issue here.

Thanks
Jirong

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.