It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.0.1

Rice Well (30622723) | asked Aug 18 '11, 5:50 a.m.
Hi,

Now, I'm checking the steps of upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1.

There are two ways
Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.0.1 using the upgrade script
and
Upgrading manually from 3.0 to 3.0.1.

I have a question about the difference between those ways.

I checked "app_upgrade.bat".
The script contains following commands.
set STEP_CMD=%NEW_APPLICATION_CMD% -rebuildTextIndices
set STEP_CMD=%NEW_APPLICATION_CMD% -reindex

Then I checked the document about manual upgrade.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_upgrade_rtc3_manually.html

In the steps of manual upgrade, either -rebuildTextIndices or -reindex is not mentioned.

That means that when I do the upgrade by following the steps of "Upgrading manually from 3.0 to 3.0.1.", I have to run the commands -rebuildTextIndices and -reindex after upgrading.

Is my understanding correct?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 18 '11, 9:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rice,

I would suggest to use the upgrade script if there is nothing that prevents you from doing so. The manual approach is much more error prone - because of the lack of automation.

You can safely run the reindex operations. These operations do no harm and can be used in normal maintenance too, f for instance the search text index seems to be missing data.

permanent link
Rice Well (30622723) | answered Aug 23 '11, 3:37 a.m.
Hi Rice,

I would suggest to use the upgrade script if there is nothing that prevents you from doing so. The manual approach is much more error prone - because of the lack of automation.

You can safely run the reindex operations. These operations do no harm and can be used in normal maintenance too, f for instance the search text index seems to be missing data.

Ok, thank you for your answer :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.