It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

.project Files Created Automatically

Gregory McPherran (611) | asked Aug 16 '11, 6:57 p.m.
Hi, I don't need .project files and even if I remove them using "Undo" in the Pending Changes view, when I close RTC there is an error about them and they are recreated. Is there any way to stop this? If not, I consider this a bug.

Thank You

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 16 '11, 10:59 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
That is usually Eclipse creating those .project files, not RTC.
In particular, Eclipse isn't happy unless every loaded "project"
contains a .project file. So folks that want to use Eclipse will often
just leave those .project files in place, to make Eclipse happy.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 8/16/2011 7:08 PM, coder wrote:
Hi, I don't need .project files and even if I remove them using
"Undo" in the Pending Changes view, when I close RTC there
is an error about them and they are recreated. Is there any way to
stop this? If not, I consider this a bug.

Thank You

permanent link
Makson Lee (41024241) | answered Aug 17 '11, 1:20 a.m.
if you are not developing an eclipse project, then you will not have a .project file contained in your original codebase.

if you load RTC project into your local workspace as an eclipse project, then RTC will create .project file for you.

if you load the RTC component as a folder into your local workspace, then RTC will not create .project file for you.

Hi, I don't need .project files and even if I remove them using "Undo" in the Pending Changes view, when I close RTC there is an error about them and they are recreated. Is there any way to stop this? If not, I consider this a bug.

Thank You

permanent link
Gregory McPherran (611) | answered Aug 17 '11, 10:16 a.m.
if you are not developing an eclipse project, then you will not have a .project file contained in your original codebase.

if you load RTC project into your local workspace as an eclipse project, then RTC will create .project file for you.

if you load the RTC component as a folder into your local workspace, then RTC will not create .project file for you.

Yes, I understand and I don't recall selecting the option to create eclipse project files when I used "Load As". Nonetheless, even if I use "Undo" to remove the new .project files from Pending Changes view, the files are automatically recreated when I close Eclipse/RTC. This is what I'm currently trying to stop from happening. Basically, I now have these .project files and I can't even remove them!

Thank You

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.