It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Workspace creation preferences - are there any?

Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | asked Aug 12 '11, 5:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
closed Jun 19 '12, 3:28 a.m.
Hi Team,

wondering if we have any way of setting preferences for repository workspace creation, e.g. Read Access Permissions. We want users to create their workspaces with option "Scoped", but the default is "Private". If users simply hit finish instead of next in the workspace creation wizard, they never see the screen where they could change that option. So it would be great if there is a way to set the default for workspace creation read access permissions to "Scoped".

Need I open an RFE or is there an option and I just did not find it yet?

- Arne

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by abister Jun 19 '12, 3:28 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Aug 12 '11, 8:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Team,

wondering if we have any way of setting preferences for repository workspace creation, e.g. Read Access Permissions. We want users to create their workspaces with option "Scoped", but the default is "Private". If users simply hit finish instead of next in the workspace creation wizard, they never see the screen where they could change that option. So it would be great if there is a way to set the default for workspace creation read access permissions to "Scoped".

Need I open an RFE or is there an option and I just did not find it yet?

- Arne
This is expected behaviour. It is set to private by default to give the most protection to the workspace's contents. If the owner wants to open up the workspace to others, the permissions can be changed. It used to be public by default but was changed in case users accidentally made code public.
Arne Bister selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Aug 12 '11, 9:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the Info. Sounds like a valid RFE then. It would be nice if decisions like that would ultimately be left to the project and could generally be set in preferences.

- Arne

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 12 '11, 11:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't believe this is supported ... I'd suggest submiting an RFE.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 8/12/2011 7:53 AM, abister wrote:
Hi Team,

wondering if we have any way of setting preferences for repository
workspace creation, e.g. Read Access Permissions. We want users to
create their workspaces with option "Scoped", but the
default is "Private". If users simply hit finish instead of
next in the workspace creation wizard, they never see the screen where
they could change that option. So it would be great if there is a way
to set the default for workspace creation read access permissions to
"Scoped".