It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC client is crashing when open a workitem

Bala Rajamani (31117) | asked Aug 11 '11, 3:21 p.m.
Hello,

I'm running eclipse 3.6.2 (Helios) along RTC plugin. But eclipse is crashing especially when I'm trying to view work item list or trying to open a work item.

Currently running a plain eclipse 3.6.2 with RTC 3.0 plugin (doesn't include any other eclipse plugins) on Windows XP machine with max memory of 1024.

Wondering is any one else has similar issue?

Thanks in advance,
Bala.

9 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Aug 11 '11, 4:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Bala, how did you deploy? Did you use the P2 Install or IM? You could try to use another install option described here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_client_installation.html

permanent link
Bala Rajamani (31117) | answered Aug 12 '11, 5:00 p.m.
Hi Ralph,

I've installed through the steps in the info center on "Installing the client into Eclipse (p2 install)" and tried other mentioned options both on the info center and the steps in https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21502374

but still having issue of browsing through RTC projects and work items.

Thanks,
Bala.

permanent link
ronon zhang (6) | answered Aug 30 '11, 4:29 a.m.
I have the same trouble with you, don't know any solution yet.

permanent link
Vishal Rajagopal (1) | answered Sep 24 '12, 4:51 a.m.

Hi Guys,

I'm facing similar difficulties when Opening a Work item. The Eclipse client crashes are intermittent, but are quite frequent. Please help!

(It's more than a year since this the last post, wondering if there is an answer already for this??)

Thanks in advance

--Vishal

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 24 '12, 10:16 a.m.
edited Sep 24 '12, 10:18 a.m.
I would suggest to look into the .metadata folder of the eclipse workspace and check the logs and if there is a core dump. i have not seen anything like this, so I am not sure what it could be. The core dump could also reside in the folder containing the Eclipse.exe. Maybe this is due to too few memory?

permanent link
Vishal Rajagopal (1) | answered Sep 25 '12, 10:11 a.m.

Ralph,

Thank you for your quick response.

Below is the eclipse crash log:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 2 2012-09-25 16:36:04.052
!MESSAGE Save operation warnings.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 2 566 2012-09-25 16:36:04.052
!MESSAGE Problems occurred during save.
!STACK 0

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Registry Directory not available:F:\Eclipse\p\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine\profileRegistry.
                 at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.restore(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:410)
                 at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.getProfileMap(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:274)
                 at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.getProfiles(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:256)
                 at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.target.TargetPlatformService.cleanOrphanedTargetDefinitionProfiles(TargetPlatformService.java:612)
                 at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.PDECore$1.saving(PDECore.java:266)
                 at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.executeLifecycle(SaveManager.java:361)
                 at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager$1.run(SaveManager.java:170)
                 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
                 at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.broadcastLifecycle(SaveManager.java:173)
                 at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.save(SaveManager.java:1108)
                 at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.save(SaveManager.java:1087)
                 at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.DelayedSnapshotJob.run(DelayedSnapshotJob.java:44)   
                 at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)  

Where can I set the path equinox looks for? 

Thanks,

--Vishal

permanent link
Vishal Rajagopal (1) | answered Sep 25 '12, 10:16 a.m.

Do you also think that fixing the path would fix eclipse, or is there anything else gone wrong that I have missed?

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks,

--Vishal

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 25 '12, 11:09 a.m.
I have been looking at the system requirements for 3.0 https://jazz.net/library/article/496 and it does only mention 3.6.1. This might or might not be a problem. I am also aware that there were some issues with the P2 install - essentially issues if you tried to install something else into the Eclipse install after the RTC p2 install.

Any reasons why you use the p2 Install as opposite to trying to use the IM install into 3.6.2?

I am just trying to come up with options here.

I have no clue where the path error comes from. I searched one of the client installs I have and found: Eclipse\p\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine\profileRegistry in some files. You might want to search for the string on your machine.

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Sep 25 '12, 11:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe the path is set in config.ini using eclipse.p2.data.area
The file is located here...RTC-Client\client\eclipse\configuration\config.ini

Here's what mine looks like
eclipse.p2.data.area=@config.dir/../p2/

As for the crash I don't know if this will help or not.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.