It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing RTC 3 on RAD 8

Florian Pinel (611) | asked May 16 '11, 10:14 a.m.
Hi,
I'm trying to install RTC 3 on RAD 8 for Websphere. I thought I would use the web installer and choose to extend an existing Eclipse (the RAD 8 one). But the installer complains that "the Eclipse IDE must not be the same as existing package installation directory". Any suggestions?
Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered May 16 '11, 11:23 a.m.
Hi,
I'm trying to install RTC 3 on RAD 8 for Websphere. I thought I would use the web installer and choose to extend an existing Eclipse (the RAD 8 one). But the installer complains that "the Eclipse IDE must not be the same as existing package installation directory". Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Hi Pinel,

you shouldn't use option "Expand the existing eclipse". You can use that option if you are installing RTC 3.0 client in open source eclipse (3.5-3.6).

In this case, just choose existing installation path where you have installed RAD 8.0, and it should work.

Let me know if you still have problems with this.

permanent link
Florian Pinel (611) | answered May 16 '11, 11:34 a.m.
It worked, thanks!

Hi,
Thanks!

Hi Pinel,

you shouldn't use option "Expand the existing eclipse". You can use that option if you are installing RTC 3.0 client in open source eclipse (3.5-3.6).

In this case, just choose existing installation path where you have installed RAD 8.0, and it should work.

Let me know if you still have problems with this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.