It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What attributes are used by Quick Search, and is Quick Search limited to recently modified work items?

Rice Well (30622723) | asked Aug 10 '11, 5:06 a.m.
edited Jul 03 '12, 8:29 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
Hi,

Please let me ask some questions about quick search.

On web UI, when opening a project, there is a "Quick Search" box at the upper right of the screen.
I want to know how the "Quick Search" works.

Q1,
Which attribute of the workitem is looked at when running Quick Search?

Q2,
As far as I have tested, some workitems are not hit by the Quick Search.
It seems that only the workitems whose "Modified Date" is within one week are hit.
Is there such a limitation or setting?
If so, please let me know how to change the limit or setting.

4 answers

permanent link
Lawrence Smith (3764) | answered Aug 10 '11, 2:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

The quick search is usually a "full text search" that looks at description, summary, and other text attributes. However, if the search term is a number, it searches for that work item number... to search for a number within the work item text, use a quoted string, e.g., "1234".

An asterisk can be used as a wild card, but there are some restrictions on how this works that can make it a little quirky.

The little down arrow by the search box shows the scope of the search, selecting a project area and whether the to search all work items or only those that are not resolved. You are probably search for "Unresolved work items" so it is only showing you recent ones.

Hope this helps,

Larry
IBM Work Items web UI developer

Hi,

On web UI, when opening a project, there is a "Quick Search" box at the upper right of the screen.

Q1,

Q2,
It seems that only the workitems whose "Modified Date" is within one week are hit.

permanent link
Rice Well (30622723) | answered Aug 11 '11, 7:06 a.m.
Hello,

The quick search is usually a "full text search" that looks at description, summary, and other text attributes. However, if the search term is a number, it searches for that work item number... to search for a number within the work item text, use a quoted string, e.g., "1234".

An asterisk can be used as a wild card, but there are some restrictions on how this works that can make it a little quirky.

The little down arrow by the search box shows the scope of the search, selecting a project area and whether the to search all work items or only those that are not resolved. You are probably search for "Unresolved work items" so it is only showing you recent ones.

Hope this helps,

Larry
IBM Work Items web UI developer

Hi,

Q1,

Q2,

Thank you for your suggestion :)

>You are probably search for "Unresolved work items" so it is only showing you recent ones.
I'm selecting "All Work Items", but somehow this thing happens.
I will check what is wrong by myself again

Meanwhile, please let me ask following additional quesitons.

I asked following thing.
-It seems that only the workitems whose "Modified Date" is within one week are hit.
-Is there such a limitation or setting?

Q1, Can I understand there is no such a limitation or setting?

Q2, When creating a query, there is a condition "fulltext".
Is this condition same function as Quick Search?

permanent link
Rice Well (30622723) | answered Aug 12 '11, 2:12 a.m.
I rebuilt the indices and the problem has been fix.
Now quick search is working as expected.

Thanks

permanent link
Juan Pablo Bruno (26710) | answered Jul 03 '12, 3:20 p.m.
I'm having the same issues... but in my case I'm only getting bugs from yesterday.... and I know there are more work items. When I looked into the jazz/admin site, all diagnostics have been run today, and the JFS Index looks fine...
Do I need to do anything different with indexes? If so, I will need to stop my server. (BTW, I just completed the migration from RTC 3.0 ifix 1 to RTC 3.0.1).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.