It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mapping a New i Project in Build Workspace

Richard Hebron (6078) | asked Aug 08 '11, 12:19 p.m.
A new i Project is created and delivered to the stream. When the build runs, it fails because the i Project is not mapped to any libraries. The libraries cannot be mapped prior to the build because the build definition does not see the i Project in the build workspace.

How do you map the incoming i Project to a library if does not exist in the build workspace yet?

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Doyle (60425) | answered Aug 08 '11, 3:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The project must exist in the build workspace for you to specify a library mapping for it. To do this before requesting your build you would need to manually accept the new changes (for the new IBM i Project) into the Build repository workspace. After doing that you can bring up the build definition and associate a library mapping. You will also want to choose the option to load since snapshot and choose the last snapshot in the build workspace for your next build instead of using load latest changes, assuming you are using load latest changes.

A new i Project is created and delivered to the stream. When the build runs, it fails because the i Project is not mapped to any libraries. The libraries cannot be mapped prior to the build because the build definition does not see the i Project in the build workspace.

How do you map the incoming i Project to a library if does not exist in the build workspace yet?

Comments
Jia Jia Li commented Oct 13 '13, 1:39 a.m.

We use Java API to accept the change set and setMapping before running build.

permanent link
Richard Hebron (6078) | answered Aug 09 '11, 11:07 a.m.
Thanks, Kevin.

The project must exist in the build workspace for you to specify a library mapping for it. To do this before requesting your build you would need to manually accept the new changes (for the new IBM i Project) into the Build repository workspace. After doing that you can bring up the build definition and associate a library mapping. You will also want to choose the option to load since snapshot and choose the last snapshot in the build workspace for your next build instead of using load latest changes, assuming you are using load latest changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.