It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unbale to import the csv file in RRC 3.0.1

Shweta Kulkarni (21155) | asked Aug 08 '11, 6:47 a.m.
I am trying to import the .csv file in RRC 3.0.1 using the import csv option and I am getting the following error:

The comma-separated values (CSV) file was not imported.

"ID CRRRW7570E The comma-separated values (CSV) file was not imported.
Error 400: Bad RequestError 400: Bad Request"CRRRS4211E Required column is missing: Type, server can not proceed with the import operation." (More info found at entry in RRS server log)Requirements Management/3.0.1".

Please help.

10 answers

permanent link
Saurabh Malhotra (15231617) | answered Aug 09 '11, 9:12 p.m.
What I have found is that the import feature is a bit particular in the file and format of the file. However, the error messages are not very clear.

So some things from my testing:

1) Column headings that define the fields in each are absolutely must. At a minimum you will need: Type,Title,Primary Text

2) Empty rows in the csv will cause issues

3) Make sure you save your file with UTF8 format and not ANSI. (ANSI sometimes works, but UTF8 format will work with much more frequency). If you have a CSV, open it in notepad and save it while specifying the format to UTF8.

As recommended above you should review the documentation.

Good luck

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Aug 10 '11, 8:45 a.m.
Type,Primary Text,Title,Description
Requirement,"CSV Primary Text","CVS Req. Title","CVS Description"

This is a sample CSV document for me(The first column is my artifact type name.). It works in my environment. You can use this one as an example.

But if you should be carefull while using CSV import. Some characters might cause problem because of encoding as it is said above.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 08 '11, 8:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I suggest reading through the CSV entries in the on-line information center and also searching both this forum and the CLM forum ( https://jazz.net/forums/index.php?c=12 ). There has been a number of threads on this topic with detailed guidance.

permanent link
Shweta Kulkarni (21155) | answered Aug 09 '11, 4:40 a.m.
I suggest reading through the CSV entries in the on-line information center and also searching both this forum and the CLM forum ( https://jazz.net/forums/index.php?c=12 ). There has been a number of threads on this topic with detailed guidance.

Hi Danial,

Thanks for the link provided but I dint find any topic related to csv import in RRC failed.I am trying to import a blank csv in RRC by clicking on the project-->import CSV and I am getting the error and the csv is not imported.There is no special characters used as mentioned in some forum, I am just importing the plain blank csv (saved the blank excel as .csv) and getting an error.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 09 '11, 8:04 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are some required field names that must be in the first row of the spreadsheet. These must correspond with artifact types and their attributes as defined in your RRC project.

It's often simplest to create a view or saved query with the required columns, then export it. This gives you a template for your own information.

For more information see this:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_csv_format.html

permanent link
Clinton Parham (11) | answered Aug 29 '11, 1:35 p.m.
There are some required field names that must be in the first row of the spreadsheet. These must correspond with artifact types and their attributes as defined in your RRC project.

It's often simplest to create a view or saved query with the required columns, then export it. This gives you a template for your own information.

For more information see this:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_csv_format.html

Ok, I think I've given this a reasonable shot and I'm still unable to get the CSV Import to work. I am using the RRC sandbox - not sure if that makes a difference.

I was going to try exporting to CSV to get a sample import template, but I cannot get the "Primary Text" column to export. I have added it to my View (it's title is not bold, maybe that makes a difference??)

I have tried importing a very simple text CSV but I get this error back: "The comma-separated values (CSV) file was not imported. ID CRRRW7570E The comma-separated values (CSV) file was not imported"

This is my sample CSV (saved in UTF8):
Type, Primary Text, Title

Requirement,"CSV Primary Text","CVS Req. Title"

permanent link
Jason Warner (1063) | answered Aug 29 '11, 4:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ok, I think I've given this a reasonable shot and I'm still unable to get the CSV Import to work. I am using the RRC sandbox - not sure if that makes a difference.

I was going to try exporting to CSV to get a sample import template, but I cannot get the "Primary Text" column to export. I have added it to my View (it's title is not bold, maybe that makes a difference??)

Where were you trying to export from? If you were trying to export from a saved filter, you need to modify the view to include the primary text, then either save that as a new filter or update the existing one before exporting the saved filter you just created/modified.

I have tried importing a very simple text CSV but I get this error back: "The comma-separated values (CSV) file was not imported. ID CRRRW7570E The comma-separated values (CSV) file was not imported"

This is my sample CSV (saved in UTF8):
Type, Primary Text, Title

Requirement,"CSV Primary Text","CVS Req. Title"

This should work. I just tried it locally and was able to import successfully after changing the type to something that existed in my system. Does a requirement type exist in the project you are importing into? Did you include the full text of the error response you received, including what is present after clicking "show details"?

permanent link
Clinton Parham (11) | answered Aug 29 '11, 5:09 p.m.

Where were you trying to export from? If you were trying to export from a saved filter, you need to modify the view to include the primary text, then either save that as a new filter or update the existing one before exporting the saved filter you just created/modified.

I saved a new filter that includes primary text and then exported. I then removed all columns from the exported file leaving only Type,Title,Primary Text and tried importing back. Same error.

This should work. I just tried it locally and was able to import successfully after changing the type to something that existed in my system. Does a requirement type exist in the project you are importing into? Did you include the full text of the error response you received, including what is present after clicking "show details"?

You say you tried 'locally' but maybe this issue has something to do with me running in the sandbox environment. Can you try there?

I included the full error response including the "show details". It really doesn't give me much to troubleshoot with. And yes, the Requirement type does exist.

permanent link
Jason Warner (1063) | answered Aug 29 '11, 7:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You say you tried 'locally' but maybe this issue has something to do with me running in the sandbox environment. Can you try there?

I included the full error response including the "show details". It really doesn't give me much to troubleshoot with. And yes, the Requirement type does exist.

I created a sandbox and gave it a shot. I can reproduce your error, and I see what's causing it, but I'm not sure why the bug is happening. Unfortunately, there's no work around that I know of. I'll ask around and see if we can get this figured out.

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Aug 31 '11, 6:55 a.m.
Out of curiosity, what is the cause of the issue?

I've had a similar error message when doing a CSV import with a reverse proxy sitting in front of the RRC server. After removing the reverse proxy I was able to import the CSV with no issues.

I created a sandbox and gave it a shot. I can reproduce your error, and I see what's causing it, but I'm not sure why the bug is happening. Unfortunately, there's no work around that I know of. I'll ask around and see if we can get this figured out.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.