It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I make Administrator be able to do anything?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Jul 28 '11, 12:02 p.m.
Hi

When I install Jazz team server, I created an Administrator id to replace ADMIN. I added this user to JazzAdmins and I want to use this id to do all jobs to setup a new project, modify, etc. basically I want this id be able to do anything to any project areas.

So far I added this id as an Administrator to a new project area (based on Formal process). I can't rename a stream.

What else I need to do to make it as super user.

Thanks
Jirong

3 answers

permanent link
Parker Dunton (4064) | answered Jul 28 '11, 1:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jirong,

There are some actions that admins do not explicitly need to be given permission for (JazzAdmins can modify project membership and roles, for instance), they have "admin override", but for everything else you will need to assign the admin permission. Most actions on artifacts are controlled by the permissions defined in the project area.

So to make a super user you would need to assign your admin a role in each project area and assign that role all permissions.

Parker
Jazz Foundation | Process team

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Jul 28 '11, 3:32 p.m.
1. Where can I find the list of rights explicitly assigned to JazzAdmins?

2. So my take is access control has to be done in each project/team area. OK, since I see a Release Engineer role in Formal process, maybe I shall create a SCM Engineer role or things like that in each project area.

3. Since in most of companies, SCM administrators are organization wise, not per project areas. Is there a way for me to define something at per RTC level SCM administrator? Something like ClearCase administrator belong to a CC admin group.

Thanks
Jirong

permanent link
Parker Dunton (4064) | answered Aug 01 '11, 12:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jirong,

I am not sure about the answer to your first question, there may be a list in the online help. For question 3: you could add a role to a process template, set the permissions, use the template to create project areas, and add the admins as members with the role.

Parker
Jazz Foundation | Process team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.