It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Requirements Template

Deise CĂ´rtes (511210) | asked Jul 22 '11, 1:43 p.m.
Hi All,

I am trying to create a project requirements template in RRC 3.0.0.1.
So, I followed the instructions given at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_create_proj_template.html

However, in the create template dialog, it appears a mandatory field called "Base project" (in fact, that is a combobox). But, this field is empty and it doesn't accept any value I enter in it (like a existing project name).

Did someone have this problem?
How can I solve this in order to create a requirements project template?

Regards,
Deise.

One answer

permanent link
Chris Horning (2711) | answered Aug 03 '11, 4:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,

I am trying to create a project requirements template in RRC 3.0.0.1.
So, I followed the instructions given at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_create_proj_template.html

However, in the create template dialog, it appears a mandatory field called "Base project" (in fact, that is a combobox). But, this field is empty and it doesn't accept any value I enter in it (like a existing project name).

Did someone have this problem?
How can I solve this in order to create a requirements project template?

Regards,
Deise.

Hi Deise

Project templates are created by taking an existing project and using its content to create a template. The Base project field is the existing project that the template is created from. This field could be empty if you do not have the appropriate permission. If you go to the administration menu and manage project area, select the project area you would like to create the template from. Under the permissions tab and project configuration, check the permitted action RRS/Create Project Template for your role. You will need this permission to save a template. Let me know if this solves the issue.

-Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.