It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot archive project area: permission errors

Mark Macdonald (622) | asked Jun 11 '08, 3:28 p.m.
I created a project area by mistake, and the server won't let me archive it.

I am listed under "Administrators" on the Project Area, and I have every different type of license applied to my account, so I don't know what its problem is here. Here's the exception from Tomcat:
15:18:27,671 [http-9443-Processor24]  WARN .team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet  - CRJAZ1163I TeamOperationCanceledException processing POST request for com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.service.IProcessRestService.postProjectArea(). CRJAZ1170I The request was made by user "mamacdon" from "9.31.19.52". CRJAZ1166I The stack trace hash is 97B702D9BE33D97DA558897B7CD9F983AD214281.

com.ibm.team.process.common.advice.TeamOperationCanceledException: 'Save Project Area' failed. Permission denied.
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.advice.runtime.OperationAdviceManager.advise(OperationAdviceManager.java:351)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.util.AbstractProcess.doAdvise(AbstractProcess.java:170)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.ServerProcess.access$1(ServerProcess.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.ServerProcess$2.run(ServerProcess.java:116)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.TransactionService$1.run(TransactionService.java:99)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:310)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runInTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:241)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.TransactionService.runInTransaction(TransactionService.java:74)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.TransactionService.runInTransaction(TransactionService.java:63)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor414.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
... <junk> ...
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:810)
Name: Save Project Area
Id: com.ibm.team.process.server.saveProjectArea
Severity: ERROR
Summary: Permission Denied
Description: You don't have permission to perform the following actions:
Modify project area properties (modify/other)

It also won't let me make any changes to the project area's summary, description, etc.

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Jun 11 '08, 4:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In order to archive the project area you need to grant yourself the
required process permissions.

Open the project area editor (right click on the area -> Open) and go to
the Process Configuration page. In the tree on the left, expand the
"Project Configuration" node and select "Permissions". Select whatever
role you've assigned yourself and check the box in the tree which
corresponds to "Process->Save Project Area->Archive a project area".

If you haven't assigned yourself any roles yet, you can grant this
permission for "Everyone (default)"... but I would generally recommend
assigning yourself a role so that you don't open this permission up for
everyone in the repo.

--
Jared Burns
Jazz Process Team

mamacdon wrote:
I created a project area by mistake, and the server won't let me
archive it.

I am listed under "Administrators" on the Project Area, and
I have every different type of license applied to my account, so I
don't know what its problem is here. Here's the exception from
Tomcat:
15:18:27,671
WARN
team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet - CRJAZ1163I
TeamOperationCanceledException processing POST request for
com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.service.IProcessRestService.postProjectArea().
CRJAZ1170I The request was made by user "mamacdon" from
"9.31.19.52". CRJAZ1166I The stack trace hash is
97B702D9BE33D97DA558897B7CD9F983AD214281.
com.ibm.team.process.common.advice.TeamOperationCanceledException:
'Save Project Area' failed. Permission denied.
at
com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.advice.runtime.OperationAdviceManager.advise(OperationAdviceManager.java:351)
at
com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.util.AbstractProcess.doAdvise(AbstractProcess.java:170)
at
com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.ServerProcess.access$1(ServerProcess.java:1)
at
com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.ServerProcess$2.run(ServerProcess.java:116)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.TransactionService$1.run(TransactionService.java:99)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:310)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runInTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:241)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.TransactionService.runInTransaction(TransactionService.java:74)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.TransactionService.runInTransaction(TransactionService.java:63)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor414.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
<junk
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:810)
Name: Save Project Area
Id: com.ibm.team.process.server.saveProjectArea
Summary: Permission Denied
Description: You don't have permission to perform the following
actions:
Modify project area properties (modify/other)
It also won't let me make any changes to the project area's summary,
description, etc.

permanent link
Mark Macdonald (622) | answered Jun 11 '08, 5:50 p.m.
That worked perfectly. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.