It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we import source code from local desktop to RTC repo

mehul Prajapati (18125554) | asked Jul 06 '11, 5:05 p.m.
Hello,

Can we import source code dir structure which is on our local disk to RTC project ?

I need to create a new project stream and component in RTC and import the source code dir structure recursively which is on local machine into this new component.

Clearcase have an utility clearfsimport which recursively checkes in source code does RTC have similar utility ?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 07 '11, 1:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Can we import source code dir structure which is on our local disk to RTC project ?

I need to create a new project stream and component in RTC and import the source code dir structure recursively which is on local machine into this new component.

Clearcase have an utility clearfsimport which recursively checkes in source code does RTC have similar utility ?

Thanks

Hi, dependent on the client you are using you make sure the source code is in a project of the kind this client supports. Then you simply share this project.

Example: Eclipse you open the project with RTC. If there is no eclipse project, create a general one of the name of the root folder and import the file structure. If the code is not supposed to represent an eclipse project, you can add the .project file to the ignore list. It would get created automatically using the respective advanced load option.

permanent link
david zhang (162) | answered Feb 14 '12, 9:26 p.m.
We are working for multiple streams and for each time, we have to create each single blank workspace and we have to manually load eclipse projects which belong to different stream, but the point is the project is almost the same through different stream. I am wondering if there is a way that we could create a file including all the project information but what's different is the stream location, then we could minimize this load effort or if there is any other way to load projects automatically.

Thank you very much for your expertise.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.