It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to re run installation with out clearing the DB

Tobias Bohn (1122) | asked Jun 27 '11, 12:53 p.m.
Experiencing crashes that I belive are originating in incomplete installation.

Wish to rerun the installation without loosing all the code and activities that we have created over the past month?

Can I move the JTS and CCM to AIX 5.3 and just point to my existing db2 databases?

I do not dare upgrade from 3.0 iFix 1 to 3.01 from before everything works, I am running WAS 7 and db2 on 32bit win (customer can provide 64bit 2008 by winter)....

My problem with failing Data collectionhttps://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17765

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jun 27 '11, 1:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Experiencing crashes that I belive are originating in incomplete installation.

Wish to rerun the installation without loosing all the code and activities that we have created over the past month?

Can I move the JTS and CCM to AIX 5.3 and just point to my existing db2 databases?

I do not dare upgrade from 3.0 iFix 1 to 3.01 from before everything works, I am running WAS 7 and db2 on 32bit win (customer can provide 64bit 2008 by winter)....

My problem with failing Data collectionhttps://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17765

Hi

I would take a repotools backup of your repository before you do anything else. Then run a repotools -verify to check the repository is still good.

You should be able to rerun setup with the same settings as before. As you are not using Derby - you have to have the database schema created, db user, etc before you start running setup.

You can't really move to another server unless you close down the old server and give the new one the same name/DNS/IP

anthony

permanent link
Tobias Bohn (1122) | answered Jun 28 '11, 3:29 a.m.

Hi

I would take a repotools backup of your repository before you do anything else. Then run a repotools -verify to check the repository is still good.

You should be able to rerun setup with the same settings as before. As you are not using Derby - you have to have the database schema created, db user, etc before you start running setup.

You can't really move to another server unless you close down the old server and give the new one the same name/DNS/IP

anthony

Thanks for the advice will run that.

Do you know if there is any setup and configuration info for CCM and JTS stored in the db?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.