It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC, CCM, QM, and Requisite Pro?

Erich Wolz (1622711) | asked Jun 22 '11, 7:02 p.m.
I have an RTC 3.0.1 server (originally 3.0, upgraded to iFix1, then upgraded to 3.0.1) to which I have just added the QM application.

By "added" I mean, I installed the QM app and registered it with WebSphere, but when I pointed my browser at the qm/admin URL, I get a "This application needs to be registered with a Jazz Team Server to function correctly. To proceed, use the Setup Wizard located on the Jazz Team Server (For example: https://servername.domain.com:9443/jts/setup)." Fair enough... I'm installing a new app!

The Register Applications portion of setup, however, wants to verify and update both /admin and /rm in addition to /qm. I went ahead and registered /admin -- but the project for which I'm setting up this RTC 3.0.1 server already has a ReqPro server for its requirements, so I thought I'd just (eventually) install/use the Reqpro RTC connector at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/10/synchronize-requirements-team-concert-requisitepro/index.html

Unfortunately, jts/setup won't let me just skip past the Register Applications step without either installing/registering (or removing) the /rm application. Consequently, I'm not sure whether I want to install/register /rm or remove it!

Even though my /qm is not currently registered with my jts, I do see "RequisitePro Servers" as an available menu item when I log in to /qm/admin

I of course *don't* see "RequisitePro Servers" when I log in to /ccm/admin, so I'm pretty sure I will need the above-mentioned connector.

I *do* know (from http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_config_reqpro.html):

"The integration with Rational RequisitePro is not supported in Rational Requirements Composer version 3.0.1. ... To create a project in Rational Requirements Composer from a Rational RequisitePro project, wait until a Rational Requirements Composer release is available to support this project migration."

So my question is, should I install/register /rm in my 3.0.1 server, or remove it? I'm leaning toward "remove", but I don't want to make any more bone-headed mistakes than absolutely necessary :wink:

One answer

permanent link
Erich Wolz (1622711) | answered Jun 27 '11, 6:46 p.m.
So my question is, should I install/register /rm in my 3.0.1 server, or remove it? I'm leaning toward "remove", but I don't want to make any more bone-headed mistakes than absolutely necessary

I get to answer my own question.

As it was explained to me:
    * Every time you run setup, if it detects that there are any applications installed locally, but not yet registered with the JTS, it will offer to register them
    * You can remove applications from the list of candidate apps to register by clicking on the "X" to the right of the application in the list
    * Every time you run setup, it will step through the setup options of all registered applications, in case you want to change anything
I was able to verify this behavior -- and register /qm but not /rm

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.