It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Refactoring using RTC

Mark Krasovich (51372) | asked Jun 30 '10, 6:18 p.m.
How does RTC handle a refactor? For example, if I have a class or variable that is renamed in release 10 and I need to make the change recursively, how can I do that using RTC and the eclipse IDE?

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jun 30 '10, 6:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How does RTC handle a refactor? For example, if I have a class or variable that is renamed in release 10 and I need to make the change recursively, how can I do that using RTC and the eclipse IDE?

Hi

This can be done in Eclipse - and then RTC will record the changes for you. There is a Refactor menu item available in the editors via a right-button, and on the Package Explorer (and probably elsewhere) - and it will hunt through the Eclipse project and make changes to references. You can preview the changes too, just to be sure it is doing the right thing.

I am assuming you want to change all occurrences in that release only.

anthony

permanent link
Mark Krasovich (51372) | answered Jul 01 '10, 11:26 a.m.

Hi

This can be done in Eclipse - and then RTC will record the changes for you. There is a Refactor menu item available in the editors via a right-button, and on the Package Explorer (and probably elsewhere) - and it will hunt through the Eclipse project and make changes to references. You can preview the changes too, just to be sure it is doing the right thing.

I am assuming you want to change all occurrences in that release only.

anthony

Yes, this is what I was looking for. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.