It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Refactoring using RTC

Mark Krasovich (51372) | asked Jun 30 '10, 6:18 p.m.
How does RTC handle a refactor? For example, if I have a class or variable that is renamed in release 10 and I need to make the change recursively, how can I do that using RTC and the eclipse IDE?

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 30 '10, 6:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How does RTC handle a refactor? For example, if I have a class or variable that is renamed in release 10 and I need to make the change recursively, how can I do that using RTC and the eclipse IDE?

Hi

This can be done in Eclipse - and then RTC will record the changes for you. There is a Refactor menu item available in the editors via a right-button, and on the Package Explorer (and probably elsewhere) - and it will hunt through the Eclipse project and make changes to references. You can preview the changes too, just to be sure it is doing the right thing.

I am assuming you want to change all occurrences in that release only.

anthony

permanent link
Mark Krasovich (51372) | answered Jul 01 '10, 11:26 a.m.

Hi

This can be done in Eclipse - and then RTC will record the changes for you. There is a Refactor menu item available in the editors via a right-button, and on the Package Explorer (and probably elsewhere) - and it will hunt through the Eclipse project and make changes to references. You can preview the changes too, just to be sure it is doing the right thing.

I am assuming you want to change all occurrences in that release only.

anthony

Yes, this is what I was looking for. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.